The Button box - Thanks!

To Doug, Bob, Rich(RIP) and the rest of the gang at The Button Box I just want to say thanks for everything you have done for the concertina and accordion community.  Your skills, talent and knowledge will be missed.  Best of luck on your new adventures.

Doug Barr

• Like 6

I happened to talk to Doug today and told him I would drink a toast to the Button Box tonight, which I did. Thank you for all you at the BB have given us since Rich started it up thirty-odd years ago.

Ken

• Like 4

I heartily second the thanks to Doug and the BB staff for their dedication to the squeezer community. I, for one, will sorely miss them and their shop. The repair service will continue, as I understand it, for which we all breathe a huge sigh of relief.

• Like 1

I only had a few experiences with Doug and the Button Box, but they were wonderful ones. First class all the way. I join all the others who will miss such a terrific place. It was nice knowing it was there.

• Like 1

Fond memory of visiting the Button Box - just the once - and meeting the late Rich and Doug - when I crossed the pond to attend a North East Squeeze-In.Both were most welcoming and very knowledgable about all free reed instruments.I must get back out to another Squeez-In

• Like 1

The couple of times I dealt with the Button Box were very happy ones, and more frequently I'd visit the web site and dream about getting something on offer.  Their dedication to the instruments and players was very evident.  Gonna miss 'em.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 7:29 PM, Doug Barr said:

To Doug, Bob, Rich(RIP) and the rest of the gang at The Button Box I just want to say thanks for everything you have done for the concertina and accordion community.  Your skills, talent and knowledge will be missed.  Best of luck on your new adventures.

Doug Barr

Absolutely; the BB will be sorely missed.  What a joy to enter the shop  and hear the pleasant free reed cacophony.