Berry Hill

None taken Malcolm, and thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated. The tune was named after the place it was written, and the connection you've spotted never occurred to me! I'll keep the name, although the Yakkity Sax connection will always be there, I suspect, from now on. Having said that, I do agree that YS has great potential as a hornpipe. Definitely worth a try sometime......

Thanks Simon. I'm primarily a dance musician, so my compositions do tend to veer towards dancey-sounding! I've listened to several of your postings too, which I like a lot, in a very different sort of way. Lots of atmosphere and texture, really interesting stuff. Anyway, if I'd made somebody bounce, I'm very happy!

Yes, cheerfulness is something the world needs at the moment! And whatever happens sometimes you can always disappear into a more creative zone, at least I find,  and that's what is good about free reed family of instruments; there is always something different and new to add.. and less restricting in the technique, as it has never really being standardised, like say perhaps with guitar or piano, to having to do things only one method.

I know I have caused interest myself with my different way of holding the concertina I use; with all fingers inside straps, [very loosely and virtually falling out of them in appearance]but it works for me!

I also use my [controversial choice Hohner brand]  as a 'means to an end' that is to hear sound on, neutrally as to origin, or play and write them much as someone might sitting a keyboard, to get the sense of an idea, or even play them over to hear them come to life on a page.

So I don't do it traditionally, in a way, they should therefore work on any instrument [ even a tin whistle]!