Studies For English Concertina

Once a month new exercises will be published for English Concertina players. This is the first time. You can download the music, print it (and practice) and the mp3 files to listen to them. Free of charge. Enjoy.

They will be replaced once a month by new ones.

Any questions....mail me.

www.concertina-academy.com

That's a great initiative Pauline!

I went to the site and viewed these excercises...they were, unfortunately, over my head. Where can I get a tutorial on BASIC chords for English? At this point, simpler is better...does anyone have a reccomendation for a book?

Thanks Paulins - I have downloaded the music OK but my Browser reports that the mp3 links cannot be found.

The problem seems to be that the mp3 file names start with a capital "C", but the URL's in the link properties begin with small "c". She may have created her pages on a Windows machine, then uploaded them to a non-Windows machine. If she can just correct one or the other (for consistency, she should probably change the mp3 file names to start with lower-case "c"), then the downloads should work.

Thank you all. I will tell my webbuilder about the mp3 files. Sorry for that but I do hope you enjoy the exercises. Anyway every month there should be some simpler and some more difficult ones in no particular order.

Pauline

I've been trying to spend a few minutes a day with these - they have GOT to be good for me (like medicine!). I thought I was making progress till I hit number 6. Should I be trying get 3 fingers on those 3 note groups (I can't :( ) or is it allowed to try and get a couple of buttons with one finger? (I have small fingers but I think I can just about manage the chords that way).

Oh yes.... number 7 makes my brain hurt and I think I've got my eyes crossed by the time I've played it tthrough a few times (See earlier threads on "concertina face"!)

Thanks Pauline - I'll be lookingout for the next ones.

Chris J

Chris wrote: I've been trying to spend a few minutes a day with these - they have GOT to be good for me (like medicine!). I thought I was making progress till I hit number 6. Should I be trying get 3 fingers on those 3 note groups (I can't :( ) or is it allowed to try and get a couple of buttons with one finger? (I have small fingers but I think I can just about manage the chords that way). CERTAINLY do use one finger on two buttons if comfortable. I tend to do that in this case. There are places in music where I do use three fingers on such chords, but my hands are small, and I do it if necessary due to whatever follows or comes before.

Oh yes.... number 7 makes my brain hurt and I think I've got my eyes crossed by the time I've played it tthrough a few times (See earlier threads on "concertina face"!) CERTAINLY it will be a matter of getting used to reading more than one note at the time.

Go on practicing Chris and the next ones will be easier although I will also make some more complex ones.

Pauline

Edited by Pauline de Snoo

This looks like an extremely valuable website,Pauline.

The only trouble, for me, is that no scroll bars etc appear on my iMac screen and I have been unable to locate the pdf files and mp3 material. The home page disappears off the foot of the screen !

Is there any hope that your webmaster colleague may be able to rectify this problem ?

All good wishes !

Michael

(EKCP)

The only trouble, for me, is that no scroll bars etc appear on my iMac screen and I have been unable to locate the pdf files and mp3 material. The home page disappears off the foot of the screen !

I also own a Mac and don't get scroll bards on Pauline's web site. However, I use the arrow keys to scroll. They will move the page up, down, left, and right.

Hope this helps

Joyce

I also own a Mac and don't get scroll bards on Pauline's web site. However, I use the arrow keys to scroll. They will move the page up, down, left, and right.

Hope this helps

Joyce

On my mac I discoverd that if you control click on the page and choose to open the frame in a new window, you get just that frame in the new window, but it now has scroll-bars :)