Can anyone verify this seller?

Kaleb

So as a follow-up to my post about wanting to buy a Beaumont, I may have found a seller by the name of Kenneth Krom in Indiana.

Can anyone vouch for or confirm this seller? I'm just a bit nervous and don't want to lose a couple thousand dollars.

Be very careful.  High priced items like concertinas (African Grey Parrots. Motorcycles etc.) are magnets for scammers,  watch out for anything unusual such as the seller moving or about to move to a new address, requesting payment via Western Union or other middle holder.  It's worthwhile  visiting Craigslist.com and reviewing their section on scams.  Good luck.

I think I've more or less determined this seller to be a scam. Good thing I didn't send any money. I'll list out what happened so that others don't get scammed.

- This morning I received a message on concertina.net from the user darrenmorrison001 who has their profile activity hidden. This user gave me the contact info for Kenneth Krom, the proposed seller of a Beaumont.

- I emailed Kenneth Krom about the Beaumont, and he replied with pictures of the item. These pictures were exactly identical to the pictures on the Button Box's website.

- I negotiated the price and he accepted my first offer. He then sent me Zelle and Venmo information. Looking at his Zelle profile, the name was completely different. Then I looked at his Venmo profile and it was also completely different. It was for some sort of West African dance company.

So just wanted to let anyone know, that if you receive a message from darrenmorrison001 or are asked to do business with Kenneth Krom (using either of these emails kenneth.krom@aol.com or lewisforeveryoung25@outlook.com) then it is most likely a scam.

Edited by Kaleb Kuan

It looked as though he just cut and pasted the wanted ad and said he had one to sell!  It didn't even make grammatical sense.

Please contact kenneth.kron@aol.com to purchase C/G anglo - traditional concertina reeds

Definitely a scammer

Agreed, this is 100% confirmed to be a scam now. When I brought up the fact that the pictures were copied from the Button Box's website, he said he would send new pictures of the Beaumont in his possession. He then proceeded to send me pictures taken directly from this old thread:

Some time ago I posted a picture of a fret end that members here said resembled a  Nickolds.  After repeated email conversations with the seller my requests for a photo of the other fret end were met with dead silence.  They had included a photo of an ebay listing but of an obviously different box.  This was I believe, a very sophisticated attempt at a scam.  The concertina was listed as one of several items left over from a moving sale.  They were in the process of relocating to NY city.  I can't find my post here but if the photo still exists, you might put it up in case someone else runs across it.    

• 2 weeks later...