A week in Dublin

Hello, I'm spending a week in Dublin. Which is quite and adventure for me, since I'm from Slovenia. Any Dubliners in this forum? Yesterday I was at Irish concertina company shop, Sean wasn't in, he's coming back on Thursday and I hope to catch him. Only one employee was in and he let me play for a minute his top shelf concertina- Eiru. It was such a pleasure! Tomorrow I'm going to McNeela's. Any chance to meet a local authentic player for an hour of chatting and exchanging experiences? All the best to everybody.

Edited by Gregor Markič

So lucky to be there ! enjoy !  I will certainly go there on the near future...

Did you tried "The vintage" concertina ? Seems like a nice one too.

The employee let you played the Eiru for a minute meaning he told you "not too long" !?

Best

On 2/27/2022 at 12:19 PM, Jillser Nic Amhlaoibh said:

If you're still in Dublin there should be a session at the Cobblestone this afternoon, always a bit of craic.

Unfortunately, yesterday at the time you mentioned I was already on the airport. I suppose I'll need to return to Ireland. I like my staying very much, so it's highly probable it will occur some day.

On 2/27/2022 at 10:19 AM, papawemba said:

So lucky to be there ! enjoy !  I will certainly go there on the near future...

Did you tried "The vintage" concertina ? Seems like a nice one too.

The employee let you played the Eiru for a minute meaning he told you "not too long" !?

Best

Hello, I didn't want to bother him too much with my presence. I got a very good impression what playing the highest shelf concertina looks like. In 3 years I'm turning 50. Then I'll buy myself a vintage, and in a year I plan to trade it up for Eiru.

Pleased you had a good time. 

I had a week in Southern Ireland some years ago and finished up at the Willie Clancy Festival in County Clare. Lovely people ,made me very welcome.

I even got a liking for Guinness while I was there.

Al