Looking for tab (Bosun Bill - Sea of Thieves) (Anglo)

Ostrava

Hello everyone!

I haven't been able to find tabs for Bosun Bill from Sea of Thieves anywhere on the internet, does anyone know of any tabs for this song? I could try sounding it out, but it's difficult for me to accurately piece together the lower harmonies, as they move pretty quickly. Thanks for any help/advice!

Edited by Ostrava

• Ostrava changed the title to Looking for tab (Bosun Bill - Sea of Thieves) (Anglo)

I've been playing with this particular tune off and on for awhile to come up with an arrangement as I'm also not aware of any existing one. I can't quite play it all the way through to the point that I'm happy with it but I think it's potentially workable.

My reference was this arrangement for accordion: https://musescore.com/user/1133871/scores/4947688 and my starting point to get it to fit on a C/G anglo was to transpose from Cm to Am. This makes the chords mostly Am and Dm in the first part with some friendly C's and G's in the second part.

Here's the abc notation for what I have so far. I'm certain this contains errors but I'm mostly using it like a lead sheet while I work out the fingerings.

T:Bosun Bill
C: Robin Beanland
M:2/4
L:1/4
K:Am
e2 |: "Am" a e | a3/2 e/2 | "Dm" f/2>f/2 (3f/2g/2f/2 | "Am" e3/2 c/2 | "Dm" d/2>d/2 (3d/2e/2d/2 | "Am" c/2>B/2 A/2>_B/2 | "Bdim" B/2>B/2 (3B/2_B/2=B/2 |
"E7" e2 | "Am" a e | a3/2 e/2 | "Dm" (3f/2e/2f/2 g/2>f/2 | "Am" e3/2 c/2 | (3d/2e/2f/2 e/2>d/2| "Dm" (3e/2a/2b/2 c'/2>a/2 | "B/F#" .[^db] "E/D" .[=de] | "Am" a g/2>f/2 |
"C" e e/2>f/2 | g e/2>c/2 | "G" d/2>c/2 B/2>A/2 | "Bdim" G3/2 G/2 | "C" c c/2>d/2 | e c | "G" d3/2 d/4e/4 | d3/2 e/2 | "F" f f/2>g/2 |"C" e c |
"G" d e | "Am" c2 | "G" d3/2 d/4e/4 | "Adim" ^f a | "G" g2- |f3/2 G/2 | "C" e3/2 e/4f/4 | "Am" g e | "C" d2- | "C#m" d2 | "Am" c3/2-c/4d/4 | e c |
"G" B2- | B2 | "F" A A/2>B/2 | c f | "G" e d/2>e/2| "C" c3/2 c/2 | "G" e/2>c/2 G/2>e/2 | d/2>c/2 B/2>d/2 | "C" c2 | "G" B2 :| 

image.png.4c40a688e4d907e1177d99ae130bd1a8.png

I've also mostly worked out the outro bit and though I haven't noted the timings, here are the notes in a condensed form of Gary Coover's tab system (line above indicates pull, numbers below are left hand, numbers above for right hand):

_              ________________________________                 _    _
                 1     3  3       1a     1    1                    2 4
F    A  G# A    cBc    fe f    e  d#d    B Bb B    G# G G#    E A  e a
4    4a 5a 4a   9 9     10     10   10     5a      5a 5 5a    4 5  

Hope this helps some. I do still hope to polish this into an actual arrangement at some point but who knows when I'll get around to that. If anyone else does know of a completed arrangement, I would also like to know where to find it.

• Thanks 2

• 5 months later...

A bit late to the request, but I've been having a go with arranging this tune this last week. Used @Jeremy S's sheet music, some sheet music I found on Musescore, various chord layouts I found online, and the renditions of some accordion players on YouTube. A fair amount of transcribing to do with them all to get them to the Key of C.

@Ostrava, I have attached the arrangement I have come up with. Quite happy with how it turned out, a lot of trial and error in places to find the layout that I felt was the easiest to play. Using Gary Coover's Tablature System, if you're familiar with it. If not, would definitely recommend his books.

The sheet music is also available here on Musescore: https://musescore.com/user/37659330/scores/8404724

Martin

Bosun_Bill.pdf

Edited by TehRazorBack
Fixed errata on original sheet music

• 2 months later...

I have just downloaded the sheet music. I like it though I don’t know anything about “Sea of Thieves.”

A minor errata.In bar 20, the button indication the second note should be “1” instead of “2”. The same on bar 68 as well.

Totani

• 2 months later...
On 10/9/2022 at 11:41 PM, gtotani said:

I have just downloaded the sheet music. I like it though I don’t know anything about “Sea of Thieves.”

Coming late to this, but Sea of Thieves is a hugely successful pirate themed video game in which every player is issued with a concertina as part of their starting equipment. It has over 30 million players, so if even a tiny fraction of them decide that they’d like to learn more about concertina it will have a major impact on the hobby. This is the sort of publicity that most folk instruments only dream of. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As an extra to that, this video has the most views out of all the videos I've uploaded; almost 6k now. I have done nothing to promote it other than posting it here, so I think people are just actively looking. It's definitely a popular song from the game. My rendition of Summon the Megalodon is my second highest viewed, at 1.3k.

People like Robin Beanland's songs.