WORLD CONCERTINA DAY - MARCH OF THE CONCERTINAS - OPEN TO ALL PLAYERS

Alan Day

Actually, I was able to find the original sound file that Alan posted in 2011 (it seems to have disappeared from the older thread). I uploaded it here:

https://soundcloud.com/rac-13/march-of-concertinas

As far as I can tell, this is his original playing, ie before I started destroying it with my beginner's slab on it (which is still accessible in that thread). I currently don't have easy access to recording equipment, so I probably won't be able to contribute this time.

It's worth noting, though, that this is at least the third attempt on this collaboration (in the older thread, Alan mentions that there had been an even earlier attempt a few years prior). I think it is great that finally - fittingly for WCD 2022 - this wonderful piece gets the attention and life it deserves! This is sort of TOTM revived? Hoping for more such collabs!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Takayuki YAGI said:

Sorrry Alan, I do not know the reason why, but I added another (twitter) link to the post that should be work.

Well done I opened this one . Very good playing and thank you for adding your contribution.

7 hours ago, Alan Day said:

Not accesable for non-facebook-member.

Is this the same version as on Soundcloud? 

https://soundcloud.com/concertinist/march-of-the-concertinas-feb2

• 11 months later...

Thank you all that had a go at this tune for World Concertina Day 2022.

We now move to 2023 and you are all invited to send your own recording in from players Worldwide.

A great fellowship and World Friendship.

THANK YOU ALL.

Al