Hayden Duet Layout Planning

9 minutes ago, Łukasz Martynowicz said:

Have you looked at the antlers yet?

I have! I want to modify the model a little to be able to mount it to the pegboard before I really start playing around with it, so I stuck with the regular handrests for working with the mockup so far. After I test it a little I might try and recreate the functional geometry in CADQuery to parametrize it for more experiments.

Out of curiosity, what did you use to make it? That swept geometry is super flowy!

27 minutes ago, Dashy said:

I have! I want to modify the model a little to be able to mount it to the pegboard before I really start playing around with it, so I stuck with the regular handrests for working with the mockup so far. After I test it a little I might try and recreate the functional geometry in CADQuery to parametrize it for more experiments.

Out of curiosity, what did you use to make it? That swept geometry is super flowy!

Blender, I'm a graphic designer by trade, so that was the most straightforward approach for me. It is awfully backwards for CAD applications due to poor support of direct measurements, but then subdivision modeling is pretty powerful.

What a fascinating article; and my goodness it sounds complex!

I think you need to get going playing your instrument, and trust in your  natural musical instinct. Maybe you are thinking still too much like pianist? This is good; but it may get in the way of adapting to concertinas.

There's still even in anglo system a lot of left hand and right hand suppleness required with fingers ( which your piano self should find ok).. Don't spend too much time worrying over technicalities, is my advice, you must get playing them; that's the best way to learn, by practice.