concertina-spares.com?

Does anyone have any recent transaction experiences or inside information on concertina-spares.com?  I placed a small order with them back in November, and haven't heard anything, including in response to a couple of follow-up emails I sent.

It may well be due to spam folders, me missing a reply, or other typical snafus.  I'm not writing this as a complaint about customer service, and my order wasn't anything I'm desperate for.  

Thanks for any insights,

Jack

He has had some health Issues over the past few years. There have been several threads on this theme, and they all seem to suggest that the best way to reach him is by phone. In reverse chronologic order (most recent first), here are three threads:

Edited by David Barnert
format error

• 4 weeks later...

Following up my original post here to say that my strap order from Concertina Spares arrived yesterday.  I'm very happy with the quality of the straps, and the price.  The order took over 3 months to get here and there was no communication from the vendor despite 3 or 4 attempts on my part to make contact after the order was placed.  But since I was not in a hurry, this was a satisfactory transaction, though very slow.

• 2 months later...

I'm dealing with the same issue.  Order placed, acknowledged, then radio silence despite multiple attempts to contact him.   Unfortunate--I hope his health problems aren't serious but it seems like a slowly-going-out-of-business scenario.  

well then, I'll just feel neglected and develop a complex.  but in all seriousness, what an odd way to run an online business--to take orders but ignore emails.  The Amazon model, I guess.

57 minutes ago, pavel said:

well then, I'll just feel neglected and develop a complex

You could try phoning him:

By telephone – from 10.00am – 6.00pm – 01650511888   (Sat and Sun I may be out – do leave a message)

I think that would be 011 44 650511888 from North America. 

There is also a huge timezone difference between Washington state and the UK, e.g. 8 hours between Seattle and London so 6:00pm UK time is 10:00 am in Seattle so you need to call him before 10:00am your time.

57 minutes ago, pavel said:

The Amazon model, I guess.

Erm... I don't think that he is trying to compete with Amazon...

Edited by Don Taylor

I wasn't, erm, suggestion competition. At least not in a good way.  :) 

I'll call before I order from someone else.  It shouldn't be necessary for an online business, but like someone said he hasn't been well.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by pavel

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone has a further update on this topic, since I placed an order about three months ago with no response; like JackJ I don't want to make a big deal of it; but I do work for my money so would appreciate any information....

Thanks very much,

Ruairi

In a way, I have some sympathy with the poor man; I have studied several times all the Ins and outs of running your own business.. and it is a very complex affair!  Particularly if you are what we term as "Sole trader".. that is someone who is running business entirely as one-man band, and doing everything on their own. It is quite daunting, and if he is trying to balance all that side with making things ( parts,repairs in workshop).. then it will also include the added complexity of organising all this on top of everything else!

He maybe could do with help of a business mentor, or even better an apprentice!?

I echo Simon's thoughts.  His website says "All parts are made by myself and can take time when I am busy."   Rightly or wrongly, services of this nature don't always operate as efficiently as one might wish, especially now we have become accustomed to instant online service.

I recently ordered some hand straps and I was able to speak to him without difficulty to discuss what I wanted. Perhaps i was lucky.  I was very happy with them when they arrived, although they took a bit longer than I'd expected.  I suggest you keep trying to contact him. 

His website says it was last updated only today, so unless this automatic it appears he should be around.

I just received, two days ago, a set of green goatskin Bass bellows fitted onto supplied frames, and two sets of English treble bellows for me to fit on other jobs. Mark is active, accessible, and iuf he forgets something then a phone call prod works just fine.

• Like 1

Hi Geraghty, it does indeed seem like you don't want to make any concrete plans... that being said the gear looks perfectly fine and in a bizarre way I almost enjoyed the confusion :). The real problems will start if I ever try to replace these parts....

Best of luck

Ruairi