World Concertina Day events!

We've pulled together information about all the planned World Concertina Day in-person and online events that we know about into one web page at https://concertina.org/world-concertina-day-events .  I think it's a pretty impressive list!  If you're planning something that isn't yet listed that you'd like us to include, contact us at wcd@concertina.org to let us know.

Daniel

for the ICA World Concertina Day team

A really impressive list Daniel. I’m working with Colin Whyles on a short film for World Concertina Day which includes a symphonion solo! We’ve also made a fascinating link between the instrument and some Victorian sheet music. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Takayuki YAGI said:

Hi Daniel,

Do you have a hashtag for celebrating World Concertina Day on Instagram or Twitter? There doesn't seem to be one at the moment, but how about using #worldconcertinaday ?

Yes, that would be fine!

Some great stuff here. Cohen B-K, of course, and Randy and Jim, but who is this “goisagi” person? Really nice work. And what kind of instrument? I had just about convinced myself from the layout and the fingering that it was a Hayden when I noticed some bellows reversals that wouldn’t make sense outside the context of Anglo.

45 minutes ago, David Barnert said:

Some great stuff here. Cohen B-K, of course, and Randy and Jim, but who is this “goisagi” person? Really nice work. And what kind of instrument? I had just about convinced myself from the layout and the fingering that it was a Hayden when I noticed some bellows reversals that wouldn’t make sense outside the context of Anglo.

Yes, "goisagi" is an anglo player in Japan.

12 hours ago, David Barnert said:

Goisag-san's instrument is Clover of Concertina Connection with Jeffries layout, I believe.

Edited by gtotani

Massive thanks and congratulations to you Daniel, and the other three in the ' core' team for putting this together. Must have involved many hours of work. A truly impressive mega-concert of brilliant players and varied music from around the world.Fantastic to think it is now going to be ' out there"  and more and more people, hopefully, will visit and discover our amazing instrument."Let the music keep your spirits high."

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gtotani said:

Goisag-sani's instrument is Clover of Concertina Connection with Jeffries layout, I believe.

That is what it says on @goisagi's Tweet: "(BWV Anh 116 Menuett : Clover Concertina : Jeffries layout)"

On 2/7/2022 at 9:55 AM, Lakeman said:

Massive thanks and congratulations to you Daniel, and the other three in the ' core' team for putting this together. Must have involved many hours of work. A truly impressive mega-concert of brilliant players and varied music from around the world.Fantastic to think it is now going to be ' out there"  and more and more people, hopefully, will visit and discover our amazing instrument."Let the music keep your spirits high."

Couldn't agree more - it is apparent that a lot of heart blood has found its way into the organization of rhat remarkable WCD. Thanks so much to everyone involved!

• Like 1