Post Card Of Betty Aukland On Ebay

Hello Everyone,

Have you seen the picture of Betty Aukland on Ebay, just like to mention that I am the proud owner of the instruments in the picture. Betty was a freind of mine and when she passed away Betty left me the concertina,s in her will.

The box she is holding is a minature 48 key treble, my daughter plays this box.Ths concertina was played all over the World in many of the worlds greatest venues. Guess I am really lucky to own this concertina, it is a privlige.

Thanks Peter.

Have you seen the picture of Betty Aukland on Ebay, just like to mention that I am the proud owner of the instruments in the picture.

Peter,

There has already been some discussion of the Edeophone in this thread. In fact you are the man to settle the matter about whether the Edeophone is round or twelve sided ? ;)

I guess the instruments were pretty new when the photograph was taken, could you tell us the serial number of the Æola, to look it up in the ledger ?

Thanks,

Edited by Stephen Chambers

Could you also tell us a little about who she was?

David,

Peter wrote an article about Betty, her concertina-playing father Sam Aukland (though the name is spelled Auckland throughout - hooray I'm not the only one ;) !) and "Little Tweet, the Canary Caruso", which was published in Concertina & Squeezebox, Number 23, Summer 1990, pp. 5-9.

I did not connect to this article until you mentioned "little tweet" the singing canary.

Jim Ward was only discussing a record he has by these artists yesterday when I picked up John Watchams recording.What a strange coincidence.It came up in a conversation regarding Little Tich who played the Anglo ,but as far as Jim is aware no recordings exist of his playing.

Al

• 4 years later...

Hello Everyone,

Have you seen the picture of Betty Aukland on Ebay, just like to mention that I am the proud owner of the instruments in the picture. Betty was a freind of mine and when she passed away Betty left me the concertina,s in her will.

The box she is holding is a minature 48 key treble, my daughter plays this box.Ths concertina was played all over the World in many of the worlds greatest venues. Guess I am really lucky to own this concertina, it is a privlige.

Thanks Peter.

Hello

22 years ago my wife & I bought the house where Sam & Betty Auckland lived for over 50 years.The house is called Vaudeville, there is a massive amount of memorabilia about their music hall & world travels still in the house. The canary 'Little Tweet' became the most travelled 'pet' bird in the world according to the old news paper cuttings.

Betty worked on a cruise ship to Australia & performed there, she was paid more than the family paid for the house (£660)in 19936. Sam Auckland was also high up in his local masonic lodge. After the 1st world war he performed on ships on the River Mersey for wounded soldiers, the stuff is very interesting and they must have been exceptional players.

Regards

Phil

Hello

22 years ago my wife & I bought the house where Sam & Betty Auckland lived for over 50 years.The house is called Vaudeville, there is a massive amount of memorabilia about their music hall & world travels still in the house. The canary 'Little Tweet' became the most travelled 'pet' bird in the world according to the old news paper cuttings.

Betty worked on a cruise ship to Australia & performed there, she was paid more than the family paid for the house (£660)in 19936. Sam Auckland was also high up in his local masonic lodge. After the 1st world war he performed on ships on the River Mersey for wounded soldiers, the stuff is very interesting and they must have been exceptional players.

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil, could you contact me on hurst.5@blueyonder.co.uk.

I went to the house many times to play concertina with Betty and would if possible like to talk to you

Thanks Peter Hurst