And now something completely different....

11 minutes ago, chris rowe said:

Amazing ! 

What is the concertina Geoff, he said in the clip it was 100 years old.

It's  a 57key Aeola MacCann  Duet.  I  cannot  recall the  number  off  the top  of my  head  but it  would  be  100 years old or more.  I  got it  from  Alex West......  but like many  concertinas  I  have  had  I  do  wonder why  I  sold it.  Still, it is  in good hands.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:16 PM, Geoff Wooff said:

It's  a 57key Aeola MacCann  Duet.  I  cannot  recall the  number  off  the top  of my  head  but it  would  be  100 years old or more.  I  got it  from  Alex West......  but like many  concertinas  I  have  had  I  do  wonder why  I  sold it.  Still, it is  in good hands.

Yes Geoff, it´s from 1916 and I am still greatful that you gave it to me. It plays and sounds like a dream. And yes, I take good care of it.

Do you know where Alex West got it from? He is a member here, maybe I can ask him.

If Concertinas could talk....

59 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Yes Geoff, it´s from 1916 and I am still greatful that you gave it to me. It plays and sounds like a dream. And yes, I take good care of it.

Do you know where Alex West got it from? He is a member here, maybe I can ask him.

If Concertinas could talk....

I always wanted to ask you - how is it electrified? Is it a pickup, a microphone, a MIDI pickup? And do I guess correctly, that only a single side is electrified and the other is plain acoustic?

There are two small microphones under my palms, one left one right. They go into a guitar multi effect board that has two separate effect strings. So I can use different effects for the left and right side. 

On 1/13/2022 at 4:49 PM, Stefan said:

There are two small microphones under my palms, one left one right. They go into a guitar multi effect board that has two separate effect strings. So I can use different effects for the left and right side. 

Thanks! But I do wonder - how are there no feedback loop problems? Sorry to ask so many questions, but I simply love the electrified concertina sound since I first heard your recordings few years ago, and wanted to try this myself, but I have no real experience outside of acoustic and MIDI environments.