World Concertina Day concert

Not to be missed! The World Concertina Day concert. Online on a device near you on 6 February 2022. Performers from across the globe will come together to show the glory of the concertina in all styles of music and all systems.

Watch this space – there is lots more to come.

WCD-pt1-collage-01.jpg

J25 Concertina Band, plus Jody Kruskal and autoharpist Cindy Harris.

All for you to hear on February 6 2022.

WCD-pt1-collage-02-notext.thumb.jpg.1148796c773c19d354b5781a06cb499c.jpg

Edited by Colin Whyles

What time? The Eastern North America one is at Noon EST/5PM GMT. Both endeavors predict more than 20 participants (each). If they average 3 minutes/segment that’s over an hour for each (and we haven’t heard from the west coast contingent).

Edited to add: BTW, Jody’s “autoharp friend” is Cindy Harris.

Edited by David Barnert

37 minutes ago, David Barnert said:

What time? The Eastern North America one is at Noon EST/5PM GMT. Both endeavors predict more than 20 participants (each). If they average 3 minutes/segment that’s over an hour for each (and we haven’t heard from the west coast contingent).

Edited to add: BTW, Jody’s “autoharp friend” is Cindy Harris.

Thanks for Cindy's name, David.

The WCD concert is a pre-recorded video in two parts. As the players are all over the world, this was necessary. It will be made available on 6 February and will then be available forever, so you don't need to worry about clashes.

But I will reveal that it is fantastic! All systems are covered in many styles.

Edited by Colin Whyles

I hope it is okay if I also plug my own personal concert for the day.

In addition to the Eastern North American Online Concertina Concert we've put together, I was working with some bandmates on a project to video our performances.  I decided to expand the project to include additional selections of jazz, classical, traditional, and popular standards which I arranged for solo EC. 

Here are a few screenshots. Looking forward to the whole day of music from around the world. 

Montage Concert .png

DC Montage Concert.png

solo montage concert.png

Jim Judy Me Montage Concert.png

Edited by Randy Stein

Today we are pleased to present Musik Böhmer on Maccann duet from Germany, Louis Brink on Anglo from South Africa, Riggy Rackin on English from the USA and Caitlín nic Gabhann on Anglo from Ireland.

WCD-pt2-collage-04-notext.thumb.jpg.238427a7c8d5a0da38ca2c34e385a92e.jpg

Seeing a list of tentative performers for the ICA Concert made the excitement for this day even greater.

Thought I would share a list of the players and their instruments for the Eastern North America Online Concertina Concert as well. In no particular order:

CONCERTINA SYSTEMS AND THEIR PLAYERS IN THE ENAOCC

ANGLO

Jim Besser, Jody Kruskal, Susan Heberling, Tom Kruskal, David Colpitts,Ken Coles, Aaron Bittle, Jerry Bryant

DUET

Britt Goodman, David Barnet

ENGLISH

David McNamara, Bob Beimers, Stewart Dean, Jan Elliot, Eric Matueswitch, Mary Roth, Carol Wadlinger, Peggy Leiby, Susan Gordon, Judith Ullman, Randy Stein, Matthew Huemann, Bob Snope, Bill Geiger, Judith Hunt

Edited by Randy Stein

7 hours ago, Randy Stein said:

Seeing a list of tentative performers for the ICA Concert made the excitement for this day even greater.

Thought I would share a list of the players and their instruments for the Eastern North America Online Concertina Concert as well. In no particular order:

We decided it was time to give you your own page on concertina.org.

Yet more: 

• Irish Bishop on Maccann duet, UK
  • John Kirkpatrick on Anglo, UK
  • Rob Harbron on English, UK
  • Qasadi on Anglo, South Africa
  • Paul McCann on Crane duet, UK.

But we aren't finished yet!

WCD-pt2-collage-05-notext.thumb.jpg.2116004c0e1abc3e5aa64ee38ac49186.jpg

And to complete our line-up we have

• Didie Sendra, Hayden duet, France
  • Ivan Coa Apaza, English, Bolivia
  • Janel Dows, Anglo, USA and
  • Geoff Lakeman, Crane Duet, UK.

Note that the order that the players appear throughout the series of pictures does not indicate the order in which they appear in the concert.

WCD-pt1-2-collage-06-notext.thumb.jpg.8a8794f3c3145a3182db44e10248b28b.jpg