First Tune You Learned On The Concertina

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just curious. What was the first tune that you learned on the concertina and why did you pick that tune?

Helen :)

i managed to sqeeze out "haste to the wedding." i chose that because i knew the tune and could figure it out on the concertina. i still like that tune.

I am just curious. What was the first tune that you learned on the concertina and why did you pick that tune?

Helen :)

Probably "Jamie Allen", then the "The Blarney Pilgrim" since I, as a few others here, started out with Alistair Anderson's tutor.

/Henrik

My first tune I learnt to play not from my tutor books was The Bear Dance cos I like it. Have now progressed to Three Rusty Swords, Hunt the Squirrel, Canal en Octobre and the Gloucester Hornpipe.

All good standard tunes at our session. If ever you're in Bradford on Avon call in. You'll be in your element.

I thought I had forgotten my first tune but it's just come back to me. General Monk's March as ever was.

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the invite, it sounds like my sort of session. Unfortunately, you're not in the Bradford I'm likely to visit but if I do I'll try and get there.