Wow! I'm A Happy Boy!

:P :D :) My Dipper came about 3 weeks ago-Unfortunately< I had to suddenly leave town, 2 days after it arrived due to a family emergency. I got back about 10 days ago and I haven't put it down since arriving home. It is an 8-sided 32-button c/g anglo with raised wooden ends, walnut that came from the dashboard of an old Bentley. It's what Colin called his "Bentley Cottswold" model. I had originally ordered a County Clare model but I have always loved the look of the Wheatstone Aeolian so I changed my order--I'm glad I did-it's a beautiful looking instrument and has an incredible tone with a much balanced sound. The playability and response are quite good. I will likely get a further appreciation of this as my playing of the instrument improves. I cannot say enough about how happy I am with it. Colin is a wonderful craftsman and a wonderful person to work with. It was totally worth the wait!!!

There are few things like a new instrument of great quality in the hands of a happy owner. May it bring you years of satisfaction and pleasure.

Would it be too intrusive to ask the serial number of your new treasure? Some of us out here waiting on our own new Dippers might glean (or at least imagine) some insight as to when ours might be close to the head of the queue. Colin told me what my serial number would be, and I'd love to know where his current production is at relative to the one I'm anticipating.

Regards,

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...

There are few things like a new instrument of great quality in the hands of a happy owner. May it bring you years of satisfaction and pleasure.

Would it be too intrusive to ask the serial number of your new treasure? Some of us out here waiting on our own new Dippers might glean (or at least imagine) some insight as to when ours might be close to the head of the queue. Colin told me what my serial number would be, and I'd love to know where his current production is at relative to the one I'm anticipating.

Regards,

Bruce

(I'm not sure I'll ever get the hang of this reply thing-but here goes)

First of all, I'd like to say that I am loving the Dipper. I'm starting to get the hang of it. So far I've been relearning tunes that I had learned on my other Anglo,but I find that they're easier on the Dipper as it is more responsive and and less work. Also, the sound and the tone of the Dipper is wonderful. I'm looking forward to learning some new tunes that my wife plays on her harp. Although that will have to wait fo a few weeks as I am heading off to N. Carolina to emerse myself in my other music passion> old-time style Banjo at the Blue Ridge Old time Music week (outside of Ashville) !!!! I mentioned in my original post that Colin titled it as his "Bentley" model due to the wood ends being from the dashboard of an old Bentley. The funny thing is that it has that "new car smell" when you open up the case.

The serial number to my Dipper is 452.. I hope to post some pictures when I can get a friend to show me how--it's a good thing that I'm better at playing music than I am with playing the computer. ---Steven

The serial number to my Dipper is 452..

You lucky Steven.. enjoy your Dipper ;)

it's a good thing that I'm better at playing music than I am with playing  the computer.

You're absolutely right!! However, once know how to reply and post images, you'll discover that playing the concertina is much more difficult :)