Android/PC Alternative to Grarageband

Are there certain features you're looking for? I've mostly gotten by with whatever basic audio recorder was provided with my OS, but I'm certainly an amateur.

On Android, I've used Recorder, Easy Voice Recorder, AudioStretch, and the built in video camera app, but I don't think I've ever used the first three to record audio that I later exported for sharing with others. The stuff that I do share gets minimal audio processing, mostly just normalization, which I currently do in DaVinci Resolve/Fairlight when I trim the video.

Hi Randy, For quick and dirty audio editing I use Audacity which is exclusive to iOS. Destructive editing only though. For PC, check out this link: 6 Best Audacity Alternatives for Android

https://helpdeskgeek.com/reviews/6-best-audacity-alternatives-for-android/

For precision non-destructive editing and mixing I use Protools. I think they make it in PC. It costs $.

Good luck

On 11/20/2021 at 2:30 PM, Jody Kruskal said:

Hi Randy, For quick and dirty audio editing I use Audacity which is exclusive to iOS. Destructive editing only though. For PC, check out this link: 6 Best Audacity Alternatives for Android

https://helpdeskgeek.com/reviews/6-best-audacity-alternatives-for-android/

For precision non-destructive editing and mixing I use Protools. I think they make it in PC. It costs $.

Good luck

Thanks. Don't mind spending a little coin if I can get what I want 

Steinberg do an Android version of Cubase called Cubasis

https://www.steinberg.net/cubasis/

I've not used it (although I have Cubase LE Elements on my PC), and I imagine that for the price it is cut down considerably from the desktop DAW, but it still seems to have a lot of capability. I don't have the knowledge to use the desktop DAW to more than a fraction of its potential, so I don't think this would trouble me.

With any tablet/phone based DAW I wonder if physical size could be a problem? I find need all the screen space I can get with the desktop DAW, and at times would like to have a second monitor.  Even on one of the larger tablets it wonder if it could be too small and too fiddly.  I don't find a touch screen is as precise as a mouse, and editing audio can require considerable precision.  You'd also need some way to connect mics.  I can it see it has its uses for recording away from your PC, but I suspect you'd want to import it into a desktop DAW for the final editing and mixing. I'd be interested to know users' experiences with these.