Quebecuois In Dayton

Just a note on a concert saturday night. La Bottine Souriante will be performing at 8pm at the Dayton Convention center. Admission $5, and includes admission to an International food festival before the concert. I've got my tickets!

For CD info, check the Button Box....

edited for having the wrong date.

Edited by RELCOLLECT

Check the schedule of events at www.aworldafair.org . It's at the Dayton convention center. Apparently, this is only thursday ( I thought it was friday) the concert is Saturday night. Sorry to mislead!

Let me know if you're going...the wife, her parents (Canuckians you know) and I (token American) are going togoether, and would love to meet you!

PS- 12 import Beers for sale on premises!! B)

I was getting excited about this until I realized that it is this Saturday. I rarely spend the money to go to concerts, but I couldn't resist. This Saturday is (Paul ?) Taylor Dancers and one of the dances is klezmerbluegrass. How could I resist?!

Greg, sounds like fun. Word to the wise...don't let yer femme see the way ye spelled Quebecois. Me darlin' would and has given me "the look" for just such a mistake. :ph34r: I made it only once.

You are in for a real treat. Yer feet will get a workout.

Word to the wise...don't let yer femme see the way ye spelled Quebecois.

Heck, I don't spell that well in English either. That's a troublesome word for me in particular...no matter how I spell it, it still looks wrong!

I've been learning a very little French; so far I can greet some one, apologize for my bad French, and asK for a pickle.....I still have some work to do.

Edited by RELCOLLECT

Gee, I didn't think there was anybody left who spoke Cornish
No sir, my mother does NOT wear combat boots, and I'll thank you to mind your own business!

Apparently, I have more work to do than I thought....

(all I wanted was a damn pickle!) <_<

(all I wanted was a damn pickle!)  <_<

Greg, if you wish, I can give you that phrase with the appropriate swear. It seems all oaths in Quebec have to do with the church :blink: .

For the record, you are doing just fine...however, I hope you are not approximating a Parisian accent.

Why a pickle?

It seems all oaths in Quebec have to do with the church

Yes, my wife has inadvertantly taught me one in particular, but I couldn't spell it even were it polite to do so!

I hope you are not approximating a Parisian accent.

Actually, I sound (to my untrained ear) somewhere between a dockworker and Maurice Chevalier...it's pretty obvious I "ain't from around these here parts" when I'm up there.

Why a pickle?

Well, I like pickles for one thing...also, it's just one of those words that stick in my head easily.

I'm heading out for the inlaws' house in Dayton in about 6 hours. Anyone want to meet up Saturday night? Literally, dinner AND a floor show! The band lineup lists no drummers, but rather a "Percussive Dancer"...should be interesting!

You are in for a treat. I've done percussive dance and it is a hoot.

Mostly with French groups. I love it.

Wish I were going. But the klezmerbluegrass dancing - just has me intrigured.

Oh rats, it's raining and only the tarpaper is on the new roof. Hm.

Helen