How Do You Folks Play Without A Strap?!

Jeff Stallard

Sean Connery in a kilt wins hands down...no offense to Jeff. 

However, a concertina is a magnet, chick or other wise.  Between sets there are folks often of the female variety that are very drawn to the little box and they offer to by a pint or dram.  Perhaps it is to my advantage that Bluegrass is a bit slim in the concertina department, so questions are asked when I let's er' rip on a standard like "Rawhide".

I've never been to a jam (and that includes bluegrass, yes) where that happened...You just have the Sean Connerty touch, Mark!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been to a jam (and that includes bluegrass, yes) where that happened...You just have the Sean Connerty touch, Mark!

You'll just have to "let 'er rip" on "Rawhide" Ken ! ;)

Mind you, I played "tambourine" (old-style bodhran, played with the hand) on a couple of tunes tonight, and got bought two pints, but not by "chicks" :( .

Ack Jeff, ye win ye great, grand hunk a' man ya'! I'd stand ye a pint meself!

Besides which wearin' that cursed kilt didn't get me much. Attached is what happened ta' me in the very next scene. Me' darlin' did her famous mad scene wid' me layin' under a sheet in the altogether.

Actually it was very cool (several ways) hearing all those high notes and not being able to utter a sound or move and worry that as she started lurchin' about she might catch the edge a me sheet and expose "assets" better left covered. :blink:

Edited by Mark Evans

his little treble concertina?!!

silly picture with the pasted-on face

First you make fun of the size of his concertina, then you call him pasty-faced...you tryin' to pick a fight or something? :D

Edited to correct my excruciatingly poor typing.

Edited by RELCOLLECT