28930 – 61 keys (AG special) owned by Steve Gardham

rebi-la-volpe

Hi, I think I might have the 61-key Maccann concertina owned by Steve Gardham. It's got 60 keys + 1 function button. I'll open it up and see whether the number is 28,930. 

I also have another one that seems quite rare - it's a Lachenal tenore, 36-button, F-key, made for a band (narrow range), silver tipped buttons, hallow shaft, SN 59,117.  

Does anyone have any information about either of these? 

Thanks! 

On 11/6/2021 at 12:16 PM, rebi-la-volpe said:

Hi, I think I might have the 61-key Maccann concertina owned by Steve Gardham. It's got 60 keys + 1 function button. I'll open it up and see whether the number is 28,930. (later confirmed as 1335 -wes)

I also have another one that seems quite rare - it's a Lachenal tenore, 36-button, F-key, made for a band (narrow range), silver tipped buttons, hallow shaft, SN 59,117.  

Does anyone have any information about either of these? 

Thanks! 

Maccann 1335 was reported to the Lachenal Project by Barleycorn Concertinas, with a similar description of '2 long sides' sometime in the last 30 years, so there's a bit of more recent history.

• Like 1

From data provided on other enquires from Downright, and extrapolating  'a bit' Lachenal 1335, duet was probable made some time between 1895, & 1900. the information I have seen is a bit anomalous for duets around then. 

3 hours ago, d.elliott said:

From data provided on other enquires from Downright, and extrapolating  'a bit' Lachenal 1335, duet was probable made some time between 1895, & 1900. the information I have seen is a bit anomalous for duets around then. 

I already replied to rebi-la-volpe in a different thread where she asked the question (but was unsure what the correct number was) Dave:

On 11/8/2021 at 9:56 AM, wes williams said:

Maccann 1335 was reported to the Lachenal Project by Barleycorn Concertinas, with a similar description of '2 long sides' sometime in the last 30 years, so there's a bit of more recent history.

Oh cool! That must be the one. It does have two long sides