Advice wanted on getting concertina restored

Hi - I'm new to this forum, and I'm looking for advice on where/how to get a concertina restored. I'm in the London (UK) area.

It's a 1928 Wheatstone 56 button machine, in reasonable order I think, but after some years of neglect quite a few of the buttons are stuck down. It was my grandfather's, and spent some time in India before he passed it on to me. I used to play a bit, and if I can get it restored I'm thinking I might take it up again.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mark

concertina.pdfconcertina.pdf

Hi Mark,

there are  quite a few  good  restorers  not  far  from London.  The  only  one  I  have  used  recently  is  David  Robertson  who lives in Norwich.  David  was  quick and  efficient  and made a fine  bellows  for  my  Aeola.  You  can find him  on this  website.

Yes, still in Norwich and plying for hire. And thanks largely to Brexit, the waiting list isn't what it used to be! 

You can find out more about me and what I do at concertina-restoration.co.uk. And if you'd like to talk about your instrument, feel free to call me on 01603 702644 or 07840 838899.

• 2 weeks later...