Looking For A Concertina

Honest Johnny

I'm a college student that has recently gotten into playing the concertina. I've played for maybe half a year. I made the only choice I could make at the time and bought a Stagi anglo concertina, because even though people said $500 is a toy concertina, that was about 5 months worth of food. So although it was my only choice, it might not have been the best idea for bettering my concertina abilities. Before I had the Stagi I had an even cheaper 20 button anglo. On the Stagi, the keys all stick, some notes hardly sound at all, and I can hear a slight leak in the bellows. So I've decided to go a step up and purchase a higher end accordion reeded concertina like a Morse or a Tedrow. I'm still poor, and I don't really have time to wait for very long in queue because I'll be sailing in a few months. So to the point... I need some help finding a good, or atleast better than Stagi, anglo concertina and used/discounted/snatched is even better! I'll be in Ireland for the month of June and early July, so if there is a place in particular I should visit there, let me know! Any help, including offers of your own used concertinas, anyone can give me would be great and very much appreciated! thanks

Johnny

I'll be sailing in a few months. ... I'll be in Ireland for the month of June and early July, so if there is a place in particular I should visit there, let me know!

If you are sailing into Kilrush, Co. Clare (we have a marina) do drop in and see me. I'm starting to manufacture inexpensive concertinas (export price €495) using Wheatstone MayFair mechanisms and accordion reeds.

I may not have any for sale at that stage, but I will be able to show you examples.