G/D 30 button 'Melodina' (square anglo) for sale

pipives2

Hi All,

Here's another one for sale. This is, as far as I know, a one-off. Called a 'Melodina' by the builder, it's a square 30 button anglo, in the keys of G/D. This was built in France in 2016 as a completely custom order by Stephane Le Lan, see here https://accordeons-du-marais.com/

Lachenal/Wheatstone fingering system, using accordion type reeds tuned to A=440Hz (concert pitch)

Ends are solid cherry wood, buttons are delrin (black plastic) with mother of pearl type caps. Melodeon style card + tape bellows, not leather concertina type. Very comfortable padded adjustable handstraps. It's a delight to play, with such long bellows it's a little different in feel to a normal anglo. Not the loudest concertina I've ever played, but a lovely tone.

I'm not using it as much as I should as I've two other GD concertinas and this should be getting more attention.

Sold with a fitted hard case

This was 2,00 euros when it was built

Looking for about £900

Postage to UK £12, if posting overseas let me know where you are and I'll get you a quote

Any questions please ask

DSCF7027.JPG

DSCF7028.JPG

DSCF7029.JPG

DSCF7032.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This beauty has found a new home. Additional cost have arousen at the customs (thans brexit!) and some repairs and adjustments had to be made. I would like to thank the seller Philip Ives to have split these unexpected costs with me. I am more than happy with this beauty. The good thing is that in the workshop in which I until now had my instruments repaired- they weren't up to the task and I found another repairer. See his internet page:

http://www.kaps-harmonika.com/si/

He's a real master and from now on, I intend to be his customer.

Now I am a proud owner of two high end- concertinas, well the first is Irish concertina company concertina and the second is melodina made by Stéphane Le Lan. Let the Christmas begin!

IMG_20211209_193250.thumb.jpg.4fde0d8cca22b8b4036943828193951a.jpg

Edited by Gregor Markič
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Dear concertina players comunity! After only two years I am selling this lovely Melodina. Reason: purchase of Edward Jay's concertina also tuned to G/D. These instruments need to be played and I am very sorry, I can't just store in my small appartment so many of them. This one deserved to be played regularly and I will not be able to offer it a proper treatment. I bught it for 1200€, I had one reed replaced and it never left my home, I looked after her like a loving father. I'm selling it bellow the real value- for mere 1000€. It's an eye catcher and an excellent player!!! I highly recommend it, it's suitable even for an advanced player. It is responsive, the sound is a little peculiar yet beautiful and pleasant.

Edited by Gregor Markič
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...