Baritone edeophone in b flat

scoopet

For sale.

Metal ends , 9 fold bellows, 

A very fast and responsive baritone in concert pitch ,but pitched in b flat.

When played normally it sounds a tone lower.

Restored a couple of years ago by Mike accot.

£1950 o.n.o

Based down in Devon.1632834294385-929533343.thumb.jpg.a06eda25c7468be990e06fd445009c0d.jpg1632834329459-1257910551.thumb.jpg.fa731e7e0eb3f4f9671614395850b98d.jpg16328343714652074474893.thumb.jpg.937691a958114c265c88381f4cc1a25a.jpg

I have one of these in mint condition and it is a lovely box.  Reasonably quick (baritones are always slower to speak, as is any low register instrument, but this is quick for a baritone.)  You can hear it here along with a soprano Edeophone:
http://www.squeeze-in.org/2013Concert/2013Concert-EditedAudio/1016A-MiddleOfNight-MP3.mp3

Mine has a metal strip around the edge.  These boxes are heavy and not particularly strong...they roll off the table easily and break like an egg, so baby it

Wim Wakker of the Concertina Connection once had an 'effin gorgeous amboyna baritone Edeophone.  For your drooling:

https://www.concertinaconnection.com/lachenal edeo baritone.htm

Your box is utterly worth having...but dunno if it needs to be put right first.....

Geoff, 

Don't get too many complaints from the family, and the dog remains in the room....so I'm guessing it sounds good!....As with certain lachenals the reeds seem to be set exceptionally well, so the response is very fast.

It's worth noting that if you changed the b and b flat reeds around and the e and e flat reeds you would have a 48 key baritone treble.....

18 hours ago, scoopet said:

It's worth noting that if you changed the b and b flat reeds around and the e and e flat reeds you would have a 48 key baritone treble.....

It's not quite that simple. I have an F-bass which I converted to a C-bass by having the B and Bb reeds swapped over. But later I found that left me with Db where one would expect D#. I think you would have the same problem with two of the accidentals.

I have been playing it as a baritone treble quite alot as it is at the moment, just remembering that b flat and e flat are in the middle columns not in the outer ones.....takes a little thought, but if I can do it , it can't be too tricky!

On 10/5/2021 at 6:19 AM, Little John said:

It's not quite that simple. I have an F-bass which I converted to a C-bass by having the B and Bb reeds swapped over. But later I found that left me with Db where one would expect D#. I think you would have the same problem with two of the accidentals.

I would have kept it as an f bass but its just my opinion. By the way by f bass you mean phartaphone right?

• 2 months later...