Two C/G 20 Button Rosewood Lachenal's for Sale

hielandman

I have for sale two 20 button Rosewood Lachenal's for sale.  Both are in excellent condition, having been refurbished in the past year by North America's Foremost concertina repairman.  They both have all new pads, valves, handstraps, and have been tuned to modern concert pitch.  They have very, very little playing time on them.  One of them has a green five fold bellows, and the other has a black, EIGHT Fold Bellows!  The five fold bellows instrument is very fast playing, the eight fold instruments is not quite as fast, but is no slouch, either.  That one would be good for someone who wants to sing with it.  Serial numbers are:  five fold-37081;  Eight fold-72369(I'll leave it to the experts to decide the year of manufacture) I've only attached one picture, as that is all that this forum would allow me due to size of the file.  I will try to get some more up with replies to the thread, unless someone could explain to me how I can do this!  Thanks,

Don Smith

PS-the usual donation to the site will be made should either, or both, of these instruments are sold here. 

PSS!-  I forgot to mention the prices.  For the five fold bellows instrument, $700.00;  For the Eight fold bellows instrument, $800.00.  $25.00 Shipping in the USA.  Insured. 

100_0256.JPG

• Like 1

Also, the five fold instrument says "Burton Manufacturing 144 Westminster Bridge London" on the makers label!

The eight fold bellows instrument has no labels. 

Here are pictures of the eight fold instrument(I did not have a problem this time!)

100_0263.JPG

100_0264.JPG

100_0265.JPG

Yes.   I have had quite a few of those, and even though they don't always say it, they always have had steel reeds, I have never seen a rosewood ended one with brass reeds. 

BTW, they will both come in older wooden, beat up, Lachenal cases!

Edited by hielandman

Attached are two you tube videos of these concertinas being played for demonstrative purposes, I am by no means a virtuoso!  They were done with two different cameras, the first one's battery died after the upload, so we used a second camera for the 8 fold bellows instrument, but for some reason it is a little choppy(the video, not the sound,), you will get the idea.  Thanks!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_LJ_T2ANj0  Five fold

and now the 8 fold:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgvQig8BBqs

Though neither of these instruments has yet to sell, I ended up selling a different one to a fellow C-netter that contacted me in response to the ones that are listed.  In gratitude, the donation has been made!

Hello All,

in regards to the Beautiful Rosewood 20 button in C/G Lachenal with the ORIGINAL eight fold bellows, I have decided to

Lower the asking price to $750.00, for C-Net members, and keep it at $800.00 on the other site it is advertised on, in the hopes that a C-Net member would be interested in buying it.  The reason I am selling it is because I have A LOT of them! Really!  You only need so many C/G's!  Thanks a lot for looking, take care,

Don

Hello everyone,

I bought the non-listed 20b Lachenal from Don and I am very happy with it !

I quite hesitated with that green 5 bellows one (now sold I believe) but I just prefer black bellows ha ha

Don is friendly, patient and communication was very good.

Great to deal with 🙂

All the best

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I just wanted to say that the Eight Fold Bellows Instrument has been sold to someone in Norway through the Reverb site, but thanks to everyone and C net for all of the views and considerations.  Take care,

Don