Lachenal glass buttoned Anglo

bazza

I bought a Lachenal Anglo 38 glass button from a Car Boot many years ago, its a wreck  and still in want of repair, there was only a couple of glass buttons remaining and my question is has any body a picture of one its metal ended 38 keys, I have never seen one . not many made probably.

It's not quite what I think you are asking for, but there are a couple of pictures of Lachenal glass buttons on an English C-289 in The Concertina Museum. If you click on 'Action Board' in the headings of the various parts, the images will appear on the right, and if you hover over them with your mouse, they will scroll up/down. Click on the image you want to view and it will be shown full size.

Only 1% of the anglos reported to 'The Lachenal Project' have between 37 and 39 keys.

Ive had three 38 key anglos pass through my workshop in recent years.  A metal ended one in Aflat/Eflat shown here.

IMG_0207.jpeg

I have photos of the internals if you need reference material for a rebuild.  

The two others were CG rosewood ended, one with metal buttons was as good a player as any Lachenal anglo I've tried, the other had bone buttons and was very average.

Edited by Theo