Basement Flooded, Concertinas Safe

Extreme weather here in Brooklyn tonight. High winds and heavy rain all at once. The aftermath of hurricane Ida has left my basement flooded a few inches in the low spots. Lots of mopping to do.

Still planning to attend Lake Genero Old-Time Festival this weekend and next weekend... The New England Squeeze-In.  Yay!

I have a Wheatstone English model 21 in transit to Button Box (Sudbury Mass) right now. Was supposed to arrive today, but still "on the way".  Hope it is just delayed due to Ida.  Mass got a bunch of rain, but not like NYC did.  My best to everyone impacted by the hurricane.

1 hour ago, Everett said:

I have a Wheatstone English model 21 in transit to Button Box (Sudbury Mass) right now. Was supposed to arrive today, but still "on the way".  Hope it is just delayed due to Ida.  Mass got a bunch of rain, but not like NYC did.  My best to everyone impacted by the hurricane.

Maybe it’s addressed incorrectly. The Button Box is in Sunderland, MA, 60 miles as the crow flies from Sudbury.

No, I meant Sunderland

Sudbury is where some of my Revolutionary War

ancestors were from. I also have a gr-grandmother who went to Smith College, which is nearby in Northampton.

Edited by Everett
addition

Glad the instruments are safe!  After a plumbing leak took down part of my music room ceiling and narrowly missed the instrument shelf, I switched to all-waterproof Pelican cases for at-home storage. I still use the Flipside backback when out at Morris, ceilidh or contra gigs, but at home, protection from flood disasters is the top priority.  (The music room is directly under the kitchen, with all its potential for leaks).