Looking for a teacher

FionaNYC

I've been working my way through the awesome Coover Anglo 1-2-3 and Irish Tunes for about a year and I'd like to take a few lessons to get some feedback and help get to the next step. I'm in NYC. Any recommendations? 

Personalized instruction is a great thing, so I don't want to discourage you from finding a teacher.  I believe there are several who are regular contributors here, and maybe some will follow up with you personally.

But since you mention the Irish Tunes book, and if that's your primary interest, I'd encourage you to take a look at irishconcertinalessons.com and oaim.ie

Both are subscription based online learning sites, and I've had great experiences with each of them.  They're not direct substitutes for the feedback you'd get with one-on-one lessons, though.  But since they have free samples, I'd encourage you to take a look.  

• Like 1

How about Jody Kruskal (an active forum member here)? He's a very experienced teacher as well as an excellent player! For face-to-face lessons he probably qualifies too (depending where in NYC you are located).

Edited by RAc
  • Like 1