FS: Wheatstone Aeola 56 key tenor-treble

SteveS

I'm selling a Wheatstone Aeola 56 key tenor-treble, ebony ends.

Serial number 30104.

In terrific condition, fully restored by me about 3 years ago.

Restoration included fret repairs and French polished, new thumb straps, new pads, new valves, tuned to A=440Hz, action rebuild, metalwork polished, new bushings.

Plays like a dream with a super fast action and great dynamic sound and range.

I'm currently in UK and the 'tina is in the UK with me.  The concertina is located in Chesham, Bucks.

CNet will not allow me to post more pictures - please request more pictures.

No case I'm afraid - it will be securely packed in transit - or local pickup.

£4000 or near offer.

Reason for selling - I have a Wakker Parnassus tenor-treble.

IMG_3549-1.jpg.8f461b62a69877673c362d3c580ded3f.jpg

Edited by SteveS

Hello Steve

I'm definitely interested in buying this instrument. I've been looking for a high quality wooden-ended Aeola for some time, and if your description is correct, this is what you're selling. I'm based in Norway and - bitter irony - I cancelled a planned trip to England only yesterday due to ill health. I would never dream of buying an expensive concertina untried under normal circumstances - but it's a long time since normal circumstances and I'm not getting any younger... In other words, I'm prepared to take a chance and buy it untried. But first - is it still for sale? 

11 hours ago, R Burgess said:

Hello Steve

I'm definitely interested in buying this instrument. I've been looking for a high quality wooden-ended Aeola for some time, and if your description is correct, this is what you're selling. I'm based in Norway and - bitter irony - I cancelled a planned trip to England only yesterday due to ill health. I would never dream of buying an expensive concertina untried under normal circumstances - but it's a long time since normal circumstances and I'm not getting any younger... In other words, I'm prepared to take a chance and buy it untried. But first - is it still for sale? 

Hi Richard - I've sent you a PM.

Cheers, Steve

30 minutes ago, SteveS said:

Hi Richard - I've sent you a PM.

Cheers, Steve

Steve, I'm probably a bit thick (in fact, certainly), but I can't find a PM from you. Am I looking in the right place - in the "Messages" folder? Richard

• 3 months later...