Miniature - 'English' Right or Wrong

Please see the attachment.

The content is not intended to contradict the thoughts that may be held by others but are my own personal observations and views that I offer for perusal.

It has been rather hastily put together so please excuse the odd grammatical or speeling error. :huh:

Unfortunately, health issues may prevent me from partaking in prompt or heavy discussion.

.Mini Eng Observations 2021.doc 

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I just read it (I also have a Mac, so the PDF helped, thank you, JW).

Is this controversial? Does anybody argue that it is inappropriate to call the described instruments “English Miniature Concertina” or “Miniature English Concertina”?

What else would you call them?

9 hours ago, John Wild said:

I have saved the file as a PDF ...

Perfect! Thank you.

9 hours ago, David Barnert said:

Is this controversial? Does anybody argue that it is inappropriate to call the described instruments “English Miniature Concertina” or “Miniature English Concertina”?

See this thread.

12 hours ago, David Barnert said:

What else would you call them?

David, I agree, but, judging by the fifteen or so inquiries for clarification I have received, there are some that had expressed confusion.

Unfortunately, not everybody has the time or inclination to read linked articles.

Geoff.

Edited by Geoffrey Crabb

• 2 weeks later...