Free Reeds 101 - A Visual Guide

...I came up with this: http://ptollemy.tripod.com/freereeds.html

It's not perfect but hey, it's just a bit of fun :P

To more closely approach perfection, I would suggest two minor changes to the text:

... Concertinas (both English and anglo) are more often hexagonal than octagonal.

... Anglos have hand straps, not wrist straps. Or do you actually play yours with your wrists shoved in under those straps? ;)

And anyone with a duet who reads your page would think it's some kind of anglo. :o

But, you've definitely made a good start. :) Keep it up.

To more closely approach perfection, I would suggest two minor changes to the text:

(1)... Concertinas (both English and anglo) are more often hexagonal than octagonal.

(2)... Anglos have hand straps, not wrist straps.  Or do you actually play yours with your wrists shoved in under those straps? ;)

(3) And anyone with a duet who reads your page would think it's some kind of anglo. :o

But, you've definitely made a good start.  :) Keep it up.

(1) All instruments were photos reduced so they're not based on real instruments, they *are* real instruments. :)

(2) You are totally right about the wrist Vs hand straps (what was I thinking? :))

(3) Which is why I include an apologies to duet players. I know nothing about them whatsoever, and are more than happy to be enlighted :D

Cheers

Morgana

(1) All instruments were photos reduced so they're not based on real instruments, they *are* real instruments. :)

The instruments pictured are both hexagonal (six-sided), not octagonal (eight-sided).

maybe you could put a melodion on there too?

With my studies about to kick back in unfortuantely I don't have the hours available to put together any further animated gifs. However I'd be more than happy to add a link for a melodion site if you'd like to recommend one. :)

Though I notice the piano accordion player seems to be the only one who is "rooted to the spot" (and furiously flapping his eyelashes, trying to take flight perhaps ?), it must be something to do with the weight !  ;)

Actually the eyebrows were supposed to be a reaction to the changing proximity of the female button box player... but yes, it could definitely be a weight thing too :P

Oh super, Morgana,

I was going to tell Stephen that the accordion player was flirting. And you actually meant that. How fun.

zjr;rm

(Which is Helen when your dog pushes your hands) :)