Thinking of Upgrading my Rochelle

So I’m thinking of upgrading my Rochelle, I’ve had her since January. It would make sense to upgrade to a Minstrel, but I’m wondering about a the idea of going to a Clover or a Celi. I’m only an hour or so from the Button Box so it’s a trip I’ve been wanting to make. Of course, I don’t know that I’ll ever warrant a Concertina of that level though.

- - Rick

I went from a Rochelle to a Minstrel to a Clover and in perfect hindsight should've just gone to the clover straightaway. But, even the move to a minstrel is a massive improvement you won't regret for a second.

If you bought your Rochelle dirctly from Concertina Connection, it offers full price for trading in for an upgraded instrument. I would recommend going for a Clover if your budget allows. I have a Minstrel with upgraded Bellows. 

If you bought your Rochelle from Button Box, I believe Button Box offers upgrade path for Ceili. I have no idea how much buttonbox will offer.

Since you are only an hour away from the Button Box, you shoud go there and try all possible instrument within your budget. :)

Good Luck!

Totani

On 7/23/2021 at 4:04 AM, gtotani said:

If you bought your Rochelle dirctly from Concertina Connection, it offers full price for trading in for an upgraded instrument. I would recommend going for a Clover if your budget allows. I have a Minstrel with upgraded Bellows. 

If you bought your Rochelle from Button Box, I believe Button Box offers upgrade path for Ceili. I have no idea how much buttonbox will offer.

Since you are only an hour away from the Button Box, you shoud go there and try all possible instrument within your budget. :)

Good Luck!

Totani

Concertina Connection will also accept trade-ins of Rochelles they did not directly sell.  You can contact them for details.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm going to take a ride to the Button Box next week to see the Celi. Unfortunately, I didn't buy it from the Button box and bought it direct from CC so that's a little $$ problem. But we'll figure that out. 

Thanks for the advice.

-- Rick