Looking to buy a Kensington anglo

papawemba

Thank you ! Unfortunately Barleycorn is not an option...since Brexit, I will pay around 600 euros of Vat and taxes 😕 but it gives me an idea of price... if sold from person to person (even outside eu), an arrangement can be done, but not if sold by a shop ( I asked Chris if a solution could be found). Anyway thank you pointing it out 😉

• Sad 1

Nice idea James !

I did a quick math...Kensington is sold second hand for about 3000$, VAT will also apply (but can eventually declare a lower price...) but all together it will be about the same price that ordering from UK.

For about the same final price, I favor a concertina coming from Barleycorn :-)

So I have decide to buy the one from Barleycorn ! It is a huge financial stretch but I am pretty sure I will be happy for a loooong time !!

I actually have a Morse (awesome concertina) but the accordion reed doesn't strike me as much as concertina reeds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 2:41 PM, Stuporman said:

If you haven't found a concertina, I have a Kensington available that's never been played and can offer it at a substantial discount over new.

Hi Stuporman, I sent you a PM - I'd be interested.

Edited by fullthrottlenow

Hello Stuporman, sorry for my late answer and thank you for your proposition !
I did already ordered the Kensington so it was a little too late or I was impatient 🙂
It is a great concertina, lovely sound !! A little on the heavy side, but compared to the Morse so not a fair comparison.