Additions to the ICA Recordings library: Concertina & Squeezebox Original Readers' Tapes reborn!

For those who remember the Concertina & Squeezebox Original Readers' Tapes from 1991, we have now remastered them to reduce noise, wow & flutter and bring levels to a consistent modern standard. Some damage has also been repaired and vocal levels improved where necessary.

They are a very decent listen now, but you need to access them through the new ICA Recordings library here.

The rest of the Readers' Tapes will get the same treatment, so keep an eye on the library.

--

Colin

Nice work. A little editing note, however: Wherever there is a medley of more than one tune, the titles are separated by a capital i. I suspect that this is a result of a machine (or a person?) misreading what in some original source must have been a vertical beam ( | ).

3 hours ago, David Barnert said:

Nice work. A little editing note, however: Wherever there is a medley of more than one tune, the titles are separated by a capital i. I suspect that this is a result of a machine (or a person?) misreading what in some original source must have been a vertical beam ( | ).

Are you referring to ‘Wooden Heart I Sasha Come Home – Larry Wilson’? If so, I thought that was rather peculiar. I’m just copying and pasting from the original and have had to sort out a few oddities.

Very happy to have errors pointed out.

6 hours ago, Colin Whyles said:

Are you referring to ‘Wooden Heart I Sasha Come Home – Larry Wilson’?

I see three of them. That’s one:

Kerry Polka I The Cooraclare
The Battle of Augrim I O’Keefe’s
Wooden Heart I Sasha Come Home

The default font here on concertina.net is a sans-serif font, so the I’s look a lot like |’s, but on the ICA page, the I’s have cross bars at the top and bottom, making them look distinctly unlike beams.

Thanks, now corrected. In the Wordpress editor the font is sans serif, so they aren't easily spotted there. But they will have been wrong from day one!