Best available CD to introduce ITM Concertina?

I want to make a surprise gift of a CD that presents the best showcase of ITM featuring Concertina.   The recipient is a music fan and an audiophile, but I suspect their typical taste tends toward classic rock and jazz.  (I don't know this person well, but I'm indebted to them, and for obscure reasons a concertina CD is a humorous way to repay the debt.)

I consume most of my music through streaming services and don't pay much attention to album releases, old or new.  A Noel Hill recording is probably a good choice, but which one?  "Caitlin" by Caitlin Nic Gabhann also comes to mind, and might be a little more palatable for someone new to the genre.  But I'm open to suggestions on any CD that I can easily purchase stateside and that might induce a "hey, this concertina stuff is surprisingly fun to listen to" response from someone who doesn't know a jig from a reel, or a concertina from an accordion.

Thanks for all suggestions!

16 minutes ago, John, Wexford said:

From 2017, Tony O'Connell's CD, 'live and well is astonishing. Brilliant repertoire and selection of tunes, ornamentation, accompaniment and lovely chording throughout. Your friend won't be disappointed!

This is the astoundingly perfect suggestion!  I'd forgotten that I own this CD, and how fantastic it is.  But even better is the title, since the person I'm indebted to is my physician, and I owe him because he suggested I make a long trip to a hospital in Kentucky for a CT Angiograph that my insurance wouldn't cover locally.  I resisted going until I realized the hospital was a stone's throw from Carroll Concertina and I could combine the diagnostic with a visit to pick Wally Carroll's brain and place an order for my dream instrument.

The test discovered a near total blockage of my LAD coronary artery, aka a "widowmaker."  I'd been completely asymptomatic, so this was a surprise to me and my doctor.  He suggested the test only because of my family history and slightly high cholesterol levels.  Afterward he joked that I may be the only person who can claim the concertina literally saved their life.  So gifting him with 'live and well could not possibly suit my needs better!

I couldn't find a copy stateside, but ordered the last one from Custy's.  Thank you so much for this suggestion!

• Like 2

JackJ,

That is just fantastic news, and I hope you are keeping well.

I was at one of Tony's CD launches in 2017, and I have to say it was the gig of the year for me, and I said as much to him on the day.

I am Facebook friends with Tony, and if you'd like, I could share this thread with him. I know he has Wally Carroll concertinas too.

Regards, John.

Damn. Custy’s issued me a refund since they’re out of stock and the CD is now out of print. If anyone knows a source for ‘live and well that will ship to the U. S. please let me know. In the meantime I may gift the copy I already own. 

Edited by JackJ