Love Laughs at Locksmiths

"Love Laughs at Locksmiths," which I've read is a 19th Century tune from the Winder family manuscripts. I put this in my "to learn someday" folder a while back, but hearing Andy Turner's recent version, with some incredible drones, upped my interest.
Played on a 30 button Jeffries Anglo concertina.
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, CrP said:

Jim:

Take a listen to your recording (maybe once thro') and then switch immediately to Jody's recording of "Glise de Sherbrooke" [http://jodykruskal.com/tune_of_the_month/february_09_assets/glise_c_g.mp3 ]

The 2 tunes would make for a lovely pair or medley, I think.

Craig - yep, it would make a good medley.  "Glise" is one of those tunes that goes nicely with SO many others. And I always like mixing  genres. Quebecois and English - why not?

17 hours ago, CrP said:

The 2 tunes would make for a lovely pair or medley, I think.

It would be refreshing to get out of G major, though.

Great tune, BTW, Jim. I’d never met it. We should play it at NESI if not online before.

36 minutes ago, David Barnert said:

It would be refreshing to get out of G major, though.

Great tune, BTW, Jim. I’d never met it. We should play it at NESI if not online before.

What, you don't like The Peoples Key?

Actually, it works fine for me in D or C, maybe A, but I did it in G cuz that's what Andy Turner did, and I was much taken with his version.  Which is to say I started out by copying it.

Edited by Jim Besser

4 hours ago, Jim Besser said:

What, you don't like The Peoples Key?

I love G major. Some of my favorite tunes are in G major. I also love vanilla ice cream. And if I know I’m having vanilla ice cream for dessert, I would hope there’s something else on the menu for my main course.

4 hours ago, Jim Besser said:

Actually, it works fine for me in D or C, maybe A

Yeah, it seems to be all over the internet in A.

53 minutes ago, David Barnert said:

I love G major. Some of my favorite tunes are in G major. I also love vanilla ice cream. And if I know I’m having vanilla ice cream for dessert, I would hope there’s something else on the menu for my main course.

Good line, David.