Acqua

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Acqua,

I haven't played Sea of Thieves in ages, but glad to see they're adding new songs to the shanty list.

I gave the song a try, I believe it is in the key of F, and I used 2 resources to help me (here for chords, and here for notes, although I had to transpose them to F instead of G). I tried my best, I'm missing some of the flourishes with the bass notes, but I feel it's a good starting point.

An aside, all the C7s are played as normal C majors. I could not easily find a way to get a Bb and C comfortably, and it all sounds fine as C too.

I hope this is the sort of thing you're looking for, and have a good day,

Martin

Yo_Ho.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2021 at 10:08 AM, TehRazorBack said:

Hello Acqua,

I haven't played Sea of Thieves in ages, but glad to see they're adding new songs to the shanty list.

I gave the song a try, I believe it is in the key of F, and I used 2 resources to help me (here for chords, and here for notes, although I had to transpose them to F instead of G). I tried my best, I'm missing some of the flourishes with the bass notes, but I feel it's a good starting point.

An aside, all the C7s are played as normal C majors. I could not easily find a way to get a Bb and C comfortably, and it all sounds fine as C too.

Martin

Yo_Ho.pdf 31.96 kB · 24 downloads

Thank you so much Martin! Apologies for the late response for some reason I never got a notification about your response. Yeah they’ve added quite a few new songs and they all really sound terrific on the concertina.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 11:08 PM, TehRazorBack said:

Hello Acqua,

Martin

Yo_Ho.pdf 31.96 kB · 27 downloads

Hi, Martin. 

Thanks for the sheetmusic. 

I enjoy it a lot! :)

Totani

https://twitter.com/gtotani/status/1436109050232533010?s=20

• Thanks 2