Specs on a 1927 Model 21 Wheatstone English

Everett

My Wheatstone is serial number 31374 is listed in the production ledgers with a Dec 1927 date, Model 21, nickel covers. That matches, but the brochure of that time says model 21s have 5 fold bellows. Mine has six folds.  Later brochures in the 30's do say model 21s come with 6 fold bellows. Is this sort of thing common? 

That is my question. They are not obviously new, but may have been replaced 20-30-more years ago. Doesn't bother me. 6 folds would likely be an improvement over 5.  May never know. It plays well and may have been worked on since it was new.     No worries.

Now I see an ad for a 1917 model 21 that looks just like my 1927 and it has the "original 6 fold bellows"...???  Now I am thinking mine has its original 6 fold bellows....does it really matter? It is as it is and I LIKE IT !  Enough worrying over this. Get on with improving my playing.

I had several M21s. As far as I know, they all had original 5.foldes or later replacements... However in the late twenties 6- folders became more common as standard for model 21 and 22... As far as I know, they always were an optional exrta...