Tedrow Anglo Flamed Maple Sunburst

A great improvement, I think. Very nice Bob. It did cross my mind that you could get the best of both worlds by using bolts with Robertson heads (square opening) and avoid the screwdriver slipping issues while maintaining the aesthetics. I guess the onlt problem would be the need to supply a screwdriver for people outside of Canada!

Beautiful looking concertina Bob and I'm certain it's superbly put together by a master craftsman. However I just cannot come to terms with the ugly black plastic buttons which in my opinion do everything to spoil a superb instrument.

Sorry to be so disparaging. :ph34r:

Apologies

Pete

Re: Black Buttons

We don't like to say plastic. It sounds so...so....vulgar.

We like to say 1/4" acetal rod, or delrin. It is light, has a low coefficient of friction, machines well and is dimensionally stable and very sturdy.

Better, methinks, than bone and not so stinky to machine.

Beauty is in the eye of the besqueezer.

I do offer metal buttons as well.

Bob

Done,

http://hmi.homewood.net/blak

I do offer metal buttons as well.

Bob

Now you're talking, I'd like to see a picture or two of your metal-buttoned instruments.

Pete

Thanks for that Bob. They look absolutely superb. :D

What do you use for your buttons?

Perhaps its me, but I think there is just something about a nice set of metal buttons which sets everything else off. I feel that they play better as well :ph34r:

Pete

Those are 3/16" brass.

I think the 1/4" delrin is more comfortable. It has a larger surface area and does not poke into my fingers like the 3/16" material.

Bob

Thanks for that Bob. They look absolutely superb. :D

What do you use for your buttons?

Perhaps its me, but I think there is just something about a nice set of metal buttons which sets everything else off. I feel that they play better as well :ph34r:

Pete