Brian Wood-Meaford Ontario

Ive spent 25 years playing the Highland bagpipes and started my concertina journey a few months ago.

Unfortunately the 30 button stagi style english model now has a broken spring on a C note (on staff) and need of tuning on a D note (under staff)..sounds like D#

is there anyone you recommend that could address those 2 issues?

alternatively, I dont mind looking at better models since I find the stagi action a bit restrictive (yet currently acceptable)

Brian Wood

Meaford, Ontario

I was initially with Georgetown pipe band (5 years), then moved to Streetsville Pipes and Drums (11 years), then Lorne Scots (2 years)..When I retired and moved to Meaford, I played with Beinn Gorm Highlanders in Collingwood (4) and Beaver Valley Pipes and Drums (3 years). All non competitive..Done a lot of solo event playing over the years so am always pushing myself. started at 44 years of age with 2 of my 3 sons so will never reach grade 1. Played in some nice military tattoos over the years and helped with Queens york rangers at Fort York for a few years

I have played shuttle pipes with wife for past 5 years in local senior events. Do a lot of non-piping tunes yet with limited note range and key options, I want to do something a bit different. Concertina has a lot more options for tunes and much easier physically to play!

looking for an english concertina I can play duets with another instrument (Cello or piano) with wife.   Less scottish style music and more popular for senior listeners. With pipes, I do a lot of that genre already

Thats why Im focused more on english key layout. Franks concertinas look fantastic yet Im not looking for an anglo at this time

Im getting my stagi repaired over next few weeks and will keep plugging away on that until a suitable upgrade finds me.

• 2 weeks later...