have some older posts and threads been taken off the forum?

I remember that, some tears ago, a thread which identified Tedder concertinas, and a bit about Tedder the manufacturer. I have searched for information on the forums, but have come up with 0 results. Have these been taken down now?

thanks

Dave

I'm not aware of any wholescale removal of material, though the original bbs system (pre 2003) with software written by Paul is no longer posted. Bear in mind that searches and search software are tricky to create (and use); as pointed out, spelling (which fools a computer but not a human) could be the issue.

Ken

Again a reminder:

Alphabet may or may not follow questionable business practices, but I have to give them that: They do understand their business!

If I need to search for something on this forum, I normally go to google and type into the search bar:

tidder site:concertina.net/forums

(replace tidder by the search term(s) you are looking for).

Of course, google can only guess spelling corrections that much, but it's probaly the best way to find something reliably.

9 hours ago, Ken_Coles said:

I'm not aware of any wholescale removal of material, though the original bbs system (pre 2003) with software written by Paul is no longer posted. Bear in mind that searches and search software are tricky to create (and use); as pointed out, spelling (which fools a computer but not a human) could be the issue.

Ken

I suspect Dave was looking for 'Tidder' (Takayuki YAGI +1)  which Stephen Chambers came up with around 2005 as the probable manufacturer for some unidentified instruments with large bellows gussets. Those threads are still in place.

But pre-2003 concertina.net content can sometimes be found on The Wayback Machine

Edited by wes williams