sell me your G bass concertina

Bassconcertina.net

On 5/14/2021 at 6:27 PM, conzertino said:

How about this one;-)

Correct me if I'm wrong, Robert, but if I remember correctly, that's not a G-bass, but a "contrabass", i.e., an octave lower than a standard "bass", going down to the C below a G-bass.

But also with a very limited range... an octave, or slightly more?

My guess is that it was custom-made for a stage act.  And strictly for the sake of appearance, since it's much larger than necessary for what it is musically.

More for fun than for music, I'd say, though maybe one could fit a mast and sail to it.  8^D

On 5/14/2021 at 4:39 PM, d.elliott said:

sorry mate, not for sale at any price

Likewise with mine, neither my G-bass nor my "ordinary" bass.  And if either was for sale, there are already queues at least a dozen long for each... and have been for decades.

Good luck to you, though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimLucas said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Robert, but if I remember correctly, that's not a G-bass, but a "contrabass", i.e., an octave lower than a standard "bass", going down to the C below a G-bass.

But also with a very limited range... an octave, or slightly more?

My guess is that it was custom-made for a stage act.  And strictly for the sake of appearance, since it's much larger than necessary for what it is musically.

More for fun than for music, I'd say, though maybe one could fit a mast and sail to it.  8^D

ive been talking with him I am going to get it but not not right now for im saving up every last penny🙂

21 hours ago, JimLucas said:

If I take this to stage im going to make a joke out of it🤣: "and here we have what the pioneers called the musical wagon wheel!"

On 5/15/2021 at 9:13 PM, JimLucas said:

Likewise with mine, neither my G-bass nor my "ordinary" bass.  And if either was for sale, there are already queues at least a dozen long for each... and have been for decades.

Good luck to you, though.

same here Jim. long, long queues for both the single action G Bass, and the single action baritone 

On 5/16/2021 at 7:21 PM, Bassconcertina.net said:

If I take this to stage im going to make a joke out of it🤣: "and here we have what the pioneers called the musical wagon wheel!"

But where are you going to get the rest of the "musical wagon"?  ;)