The march of time

Not a tune, not even a general concertina comment. More of life comment.

I've just noticed my profile description and it says that I'll be retiring in 20 years, which at the time meant at 65 (now going to be 66). I have just had my 64th birthday!! Where did that all that time go? I must have blinked.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday!  At 73 (retired 13 years) and a recent (3 years in) player, I'd say you have a time machine in your hands every time you pick up your box....😊.   "The March of Time", great name for a tune!

8 hours ago, Clive Thorne said:

I've just noticed my profile description and it says that I'll be retiring in 20 years, which at the time meant at 65 (now going to be 66). I have just had my 64th birthday!! Where did that all that time go? I must have blinked.

One of my favourite quotations is from Terry Pratchett: "Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened".

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Clive Thorne said:

Well I remember my first experience at the Northeast Squeeze In in Massachusetts. I walked into the parlor and saw a bunch of really old guys cranking out polkas on honking big piano accordions.

A couple of decades later, I realize that they were probably younger than I am now.