Does anyone have recent contact info for Jean Mégly?

Alan Day has been trying to contact the French Crane concertina player Jean Mégly to ask Jean for permission to use some of his recordings on the Duet Recordings page http://www.concertinas.org.uk/DuetAudio.htm .  (Alan has the recordings but he does not yet have Jean's ok to use them.)  Alan is Jean's friend on Facebook, but Alan tells me that Jean hasn't posted on Facebook for quite some time and hasn't responded to Alan's Facebook messages.  I asked Gilbert Carrère but he has not had contact with Jean for a number of years. 

If you might be able to help with this, please message me here on c.net.

Daniel

• 2 years later...

Hello, here are the three children of Jean Megly speaking...

He passed away this monday, 4th of december. We found your topic looking for some recordings for the cereùony (tomorrow morning).

Anyway, we would be very gratefull to have the chance to listen to some of your recordings with him playing, and we aggree, and think he would have agree to let you use them and spread in any manner you intend to.

I don't know the way this website works, but if you want to send some mp3 you can use the email attached to this message.

The last years he was not very healthy and sometimes loses memories... Maybe you finally got the chance to reach him, but if you didn't I can tell you that in the moments of lucidity he was warmly happy to connect with old friends and fellow musicians.

Best regards,

Lisa, Leila and Evan

• Sad 1

Lisa - I have sent you a personal message just in  case you do not see this . Like Al, I had been wondering what had happened to Jean. We had been Facebook friends and had had some conversations but not for some time.  My condolences to you and your family.

Six recordings of Jean playing are available on the website of the International Concertina Association, and are downloadable. They can be found at numbers 2-7 on this page.
https://concertina.org/sound-library-old/son-of-readers-tapes/

I had the privilege of visiting Jean in August 2019, when the lovely Anne Kerin was there and took a photo of me playing in his kitchen. He was delighted to hear the music and it was wonderful to see him again - I have fond memories of him visiting the Witney Concertina weekend and hearing him play so inspiringly.

19 chez Jean Megly 2.jpg

5 hours ago, Alan Day said:

Now sent I will let you have the reply.

Al

Sadly both of the recordings sent to Peter were not of Jean Megly ,

I have just sent him the third ,but it is a very bad recording and may be one that Irene found.

I will keep you informed.

Al

Thanks for letting us know, and my condolences on your father's passing.  I did not know him personally, but he was a brilliant player.  Since we now have your permission, I will look into having the recordings from the ICA website (the ones that Irene mentioned) added to the Duet Recordings page.

Daniel