Double Case Recommendations

2 hours ago, gcoover said:

...get heavy quickly and a thin little handle will quickly hurt the very hands needed to play the instruments inside.

In the 1980s I built a hammered dulcimer from a kit and it was very heavy. I was living in New York City and often carried it to practice at a friend’s apartment across town. I often joked (holding up my hand that could hardly move) “after carrying this thing across town, it’s the only thing I can still play.”

On 5/28/2021 at 5:14 PM, paaudio said:

Following discussions on this topic, I had a look at getting a custom made case.... however, it transpired that Swan Flightcase manufacturers are currently having a sale of cases for 7 inch vinyl records (100,200 & 300) These have compartments within the case (200 & 300 models) Anyway, I bought two for £125 inc expedited delivery (48 hrs) & VAT I'll be adding some foam blocking to suit each concertina, but I think this is a pretty cost effective and suitable solution :) as pictured, (the lid is actually detachable) see https://www.swanflight.com/dj-flight-cases/dj-record-boxes-flightcases/7-singles-record-boxes.html

I hope this is a useful option for members of the group :)20210528_165351_resized.thumb.jpg.dab07b83146e41592fb13e219be3af50.jpg

Gerry S20210528_165407_resized.thumb.jpg.faac42b957a8dc2114a6664fcc262566.jpg

Many thanks for that. I've just ordered one of the 300 cases.

I use a simple White Stuff canvas bag to carry my 2 anglos in their own cases.  It's strong, light,looks uninteresting and has shoulder and hand straps + a couple of pockets. It's a luggage item, not a fashion bag, and just the right shape.  I'm sure other makes are available  I gave up on a double flight case - which I still have if you want it (free) - as it was too heavy and awkward to carry around and knowing your travel arrangements  (you have stayed with me in Devon), I truly don't think it would be a good idea IMHO when you also may have melodeon and overnight bag to tote as well.  Try ebay for a canvas bag is my suggestion, Cohen.

I assumed that Swan were having a sale of their cases for 7 inch vinyl because of falling demand. But the acknowledgment of my order said "Current build times approx 15 working days", so they must be making them to order. I only noticed that when I started to wonder when my order would arrive.

4 hours ago, Richard Mellish said:

I assumed that Swan were having a sale of their cases for 7 inch vinyl because of falling demand. But the acknowledgment of my order said "Current build times approx 15 working days", so they must be making them to order. I only noticed that when I started to wonder when my order would arrive.

That's why I went for the "expedited" delivery, (What a Scotsman paying extra!!),  and had them in 48 hours.... :)