Is a Beethoven's 5th A Slide? By Simon Thoumire

19 hours ago, SimonThoumire said:

Hi Guys, I won’t swamp you with my videos but here is another one where I looked at classical music played as folk music. 

Is a Beethoven's 5th A Slide? 

Wow Thank you.  You are the crene de la creme.  I’ve been hanging around for nearly 10 years and your performance says in the songs you played as well as your theater It was extremely beautiful to hear And entertainingyou play the English Concertina to the degree and skills you have. I can’t believe how fast your fingers I work in the buttons.  What is the make and model of the concept you’re playing absolutely gorgeous Stephentx 

5 hours ago, StephenTx said:

What is the make and model of the concept you’re playing

56 minutes ago, SimonThoumire said:

Thanks Stephen. I’m playing a metal ended Wheatstone Aeola. 

It should be noted that Simon holds the English Concertina in a unique way. He doesn’t use the pinkie rests, and his fingers approach the buttons from a different angle than most. It allows him to do some amazing things!

Wonderful stuff, Simon !!..........I love the intersection of classical and folk music.

Here are a few that HAVE made it into the folk canon that immediately come to mind.

Hole in the Wall...attrib. Purcell.

Huntsman's Chorus.... Weber

Sun Assembly & Sunbury Common.....Handel ( Harmonious Blacksmith)

I'd love to hear your take on these two last Handel tunes!

Thanks 

Robin

Sun Assembly.pdf Sunbury Common.pdf

9 hours ago, SimonThoumire said:

Thanks Stephen. I’m playing a metal ended Wheatstone Aeola. 

Simon You are more than welcome. I would be very interested in following up on David Barnett’s post with regards to how you hold the concertina and what’s your favorite technique is would love to see a video of you explain And demonstrating this

stephentx