Play with the Free Reed Liberation Orchestra? (virtual)

Hey folks,

In the past year of pandemic, I developed a virtual squeeze orchestra. I've essentially had to teach myself every aspect of video and audio editing. Folks (mostly friends from mel.net) send me videos of themselves playing the tunes chosen and then I put them together into and "orchestra." I have been very proud of the results and I'd like to send the invitation out to you all on concertina.net. Go here to see what we have done in our seven projects so far! My vision was always that the Free Reed Liberation Orchestra (FRLO) would be open to any squeezer (or friend) who wanted to join. The formal invitation is below. You aren't required to be interested, but if you are you are welcome! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask (garyparkerchapin@gmail.com). Players of wide levels of proficiency do this and have a great time. Thanks very much.

Hello, everybody,

For this project something more in our wheelhouse, but also ambitious. We're doing two scottishes. They are old old ones, part of le firmament. But we are doing two as a set, and that's new for us. All the materials are at the below link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kUmWxdTAdLqINwgqAgAZdkdpsXs_S4ag?usp=sharing

So, the two tunes are Scottish à Catinaux and Scottish du Pére Rouxel. The first is trad Auvergne, the second is trad Breton, but they work very well together. We're playing through each three times. There is a guide video for each tune, and I'm asking that you record your contributions as two separate videos. The tempo of Scottish du Pére Rouxel is about 10 bpm faster than the first tune -- this is a common practice in French dance circles, when you're trying to whip people into a frenzy!

You do not have to do both tunes! But if you are only going to do one, I would prefer you do Scottish du Pére Rouxel. This is because as we move from the first tune to the second tune, we're looking for a "launch" effect (thus the slight tempo increase), and if some of you only want to play on the second tune, then adding more instruments as we get to that tune will be exciting.

Deadline for this one is May 29 -- a week longer than usual, since we're doing two tunes.

Please let me know if you are still into this, and if you have any questions! 

These are both tunes I have been doing since I was a nascent box player. I'm very excited.

Thanks
Gary

• Like 1