Richard Evans 32k Anglo Concertina

Sergio

Hey Folks,
Many of you in the US may not know of Richard Evans here in Australia, but he is quite well known ‘down under’ as Australia’s concertina doctor... plus maker of his own brand of Anglo called the “Kookaburra” concertina.
I’m selling in particular one of his 32K instruments (No16) as pictured. I believe that I am the 3rd owner of this fine instrument & importantly have kept it in playing order with many a ‘seisun’ played here in Perth, Western Australia.
Particulars as follows:- 32K, C/G, Metal ends & buttons, proper concertina style steel reeds (hand cut & tuned) 7 fold leather bellows, case kindly inc. $3000 AUD.
Lastly, being a rather boutique instrument and not so recognized overseas, the price is modestly reflected here to assist this sale. I would happily arrange international postage at MY expense if it helps seal the deal... Please ask any questions as necessary? Sound file available upon request.
Cheers & thanks, Sergio…

Evans.jpeg

9.jpeg

4.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

2.jpeg

5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sergio said:
Hey Folks,
Many of you in the US may not know of Richard Evans here in Australia, but he is quite well known ‘down under’ as Australia’s concertina doctor... plus maker of his own brand of Anglo called the “Kookaburra” concertina.
I’m selling in particular one of his 32K instruments (No16) as pictured. I believe that I am the 3rd owner of this fine instrument & importantly have kept it in playing order with many a ‘seisun’ played here in Perth, Western Australia.
Particulars as follows:- 32K, C/G, Metal ends & buttons, proper concertina style steel reeds (hand cut & tuned) 7 fold leather bellows, case kindly inc. $3000 AUD.
Lastly, being a rather boutique instrument and not so recognized overseas, the price is modestly reflected here to assist this sale. I would happily arrange international postage at MY expense if it helps seal the deal... Please ask any questions as necessary? Sound file available upon request.
Cheers & thanks, Sergio…

Evans.jpeg

9.jpeg

4.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

2.jpeg

5.jpeg

Hi Sergio,

Any chance to get a Sound sample ?

Does have Richard Evans a website ?, if so, could you please inform the web address ?

Thanks

• Like 1

In 2006 on a visit to Australia I got to have a visit with Richard (kindly arranged by Chris Ghent). Richard lived up in the mountains west of Sydney - very scenic - with birds and wallabies running/hopping about the house and yard. I went up by train and the railroad platform was dirt. It was fun to see the shop and what he was working on. IIRC the fires were hard on that area some years later. It certainly wasn't a setting you'd associate with tech like high-speed internet.

Note the Kookaburra birds in the fretwork of this instrument!

Ken

• Like 1

Hi Sergio

I happen to also be in Perth.  Very keen to hear it (the sound file above doesn't work) and maybe give it a try if that can be arranged (and if you haven't already sold it).  

(EDIT: Hmm, the sound file seems to work now on a second attempt.  Yes I'd like to give it a go if that's possible? - cheerio and thanks! 🙂 

Edited by bindicat

On 3/17/2021 at 6:21 AM, Sergio said:

Hi JoachimDelp,

No he doesn't have a website (very old school) that I know? If the sound file attached here doesn't work, I have PM you with a sound file too! Thankyou for the interest...☺️

Richard Evans Anglo Concertina.m4a 996.56 kB · 39 downloads

Like it. thank you!

Shal revert to you  by mail, have been traveling and exrmely busy. Please excue lat reply.