Looking to buy Concertinas- Barleycorn Concertinas

Ciaran Algar

Hi everyone,

Barleycorn Concertinas have been selling a lot of instruments recently (and I've seen some happy customers on here, so thank you as always for choosing us!), but that's left us with a fair number of empty spaces on the shelves. As a result, we're looking to buy as many instruments as possible at the moment. We have a handy little form on our website - https://concertina.co.uk/sell-your-concertina/

or alternatively, send some pictures and a brief description to barleycorn@concertina.co.uk

Obviously there may be some things we already have a number of so this is by no means a guarantee that we'll buy everything and anything, but if you've got a spare instrument lying around gathering dust then we'd love to make a deal with you and get it to somebody looking for their next dream instrument! We always pay as fair a price as possible and will be completely transparent about what we'd be selling the instrument for ourselves.

We'll of course make a donation towards CNet for any things that we buy through this- make sure you tell us you saw this post on here if you get in touch so we know which instruments need a donation!

Hope this is okay to post here!

Ciaran 

• Like 3

Ciaran,

I'm sure I speak for the boss when I say it is fine to post this. There is another thread on the new VAT challenges (or confusion) shipping from the US to the UK but we won't let that discourage anyone on the west side of the pond from getting in touch. I'm sure you are used to dealing with that.

Ken

• Like 1

Hello  Ciaran,

as  Ken  mentions  the  thread  about  the  new  rules  regarding  duties and  VAT,   perhaps  you  could  give  us  your  thoughts  especially  with  regard  to    cross border  sales    UK to  EU.       It  has  been  suggested  by  someone  who  has  read  the  new  regulations  for  imports  into  Ireland  that  duties and VAT  could  amount  to  33%  of the  value  of  the goods!!  We can  assume  a similar  burden  being imposed  by other European  countries  and  going back  into  the UK.

Edited by Geoff Wooff
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Geoff Wooff said:

Hello  Ciaran,

as  Ken  mentions  the  thread  about  the  new  rules  regarding  duties and  VAT,   perhaps  you  could  give  us  your  thoughts  especially  with  regard  to    cross border  sales    UK to  EU.       It  has  been  suggested  by  someone  who  has  read  the  new  regulations  for  imports  into  Ireland  that  duties and VAT  could  amount  to  33%  of the  value  of  the goods!!  We can  assume  a similar  burden  being imposed  by other European  countries  and  going back  into  the UK.

Hi Geoff,

We're still very much figuring it all out at the moment too, and my Dad is much more aware of it that I am. As far as I know, our sales to EU countries mean that we don't pay VAT on them, but the buyer has to pay their country's duty and VAT. These rates seem to vary across EU countries, and there is always a difference in rate for antique (100 years old or more) instruments. We're still figuring out the best way of selling to the EU- most likely a reduction in the price of an instrument to an EU buyer to go towards covering their import costs and due to the fact that we wouldn't be paying VAT on it. 

As always, the big disclaimer that I could have got some of that wrong- it's all massively confusing to me and there still don't seem to be any clear guidelines! 

Thanks  for  your  reply  Ciaran.

It  is  looking a little  uncertain  at  the moment.  Of  course  sending  goods  abroad  VAT exempt  is   the  main  starting point  but  how  will  all this  affect  incoming  goods  and  part  exchanges ?  Oh, I  don't  expect  an  exact  answer  and  realize   this  must  be  a  dreadful  headache  for  you guys.

4 hours ago, Geoff Wooff said:

Thanks  for  your  reply  Ciaran.

It  is  looking a little  uncertain  at  the moment.  Of  course  sending  goods  abroad  VAT exempt  is   the  main  starting point  but  how  will  all this  affect  incoming  goods  and  part  exchanges ?  Oh, I  don't  expect  an  exact  answer  and  realize   this  must  be  a  dreadful  headache  for  you guys.

To be exact UK exports are zero-rated for VAT, not exempt. that might not seem much of a difference. However, it means they have the power to change the rate without changing the status from exempt to taxable. Also suppliers sending zero-rated items can recover VAT on related costs.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 11:31 PM, Ciaran Algar said:

Hi everyone,

Barleycorn Concertinas have been selling a lot of instruments recently (and I've seen some happy customers on here, so thank you as always for choosing us!), but that's left us with a fair number of empty spaces on the shelves. As a result, we're looking to buy as many instruments as possible at the moment. We have a handy little form on our website - https://concertina.co.uk/sell-your-concertina/

or alternatively, send some pictures and a brief description to barleycorn@concertina.co.uk

Obviously there may be some things we already have a number of so this is by no means a guarantee that we'll buy everything and anything, but if you've got a spare instrument lying around gathering dust then we'd love to make a deal with you and get it to somebody looking for their next dream instrument! We always pay as fair a price as possible and will be completely transparent about what we'd be selling the instrument for ourselves.

We'll of course make a donation towards CNet for any things that we buy through this- make sure you tell us you saw this post on here if you get in touch so we know which instruments need a donation!

Hope this is okay to post here!

Ciaran 

Hi Ciaran. 

Have you looked at my advert for a Lachenal 48k Tutor? Model (c1906) on the site. I would be willing to discus the price. Regards Bazza12