Left hand over right knee

Box players generally do the opposite and manage ok.  You should be fine as long as you don’t rotate your torso any more than needed.  Doing a few opposite twist stretches after playing should help keep your muscles balanced.  Stay aware of your body.

Dana

Aha!

Cillian King - Concertina Videos & Music - Concertina.net Discussion Forums

He's on an Anglo (I play an English), but there's no doubt about his playing position.

Interestingly, he seems to have the same kind of physique as me: long and narrow. I wonder if that's relevant.

Edited by Remster
Addendum

Allow me to repeat and reinforce Dana Johnson's suggestion "Doing a few opposite twist stretches after playing should help keep your muscles balanced.  Stay aware of your body. " 

As I deal with arthritis and other such aging problems, I've found that

*body awareness

*constructively dealing with muscle tensions [call it conscious relaxation] have proven very helpful to making music. This applies to many instruments where repetitive small motions can lead to tension in places to which one doesn't/isn't (but should be) paying attention.

So, go into playing and practising already having focussed on finding the least-stressful position, least stressful for everything (back, arms, wrists, etc.)

Stop every few minutes to shake things out and re-assess: Where is the strain? where am I putting tension? What tends to be sore after palying [whether a few mins. or hours afterwards]?

BTW, do take a look thro' the Forum called << Ergonomics >>  Many other players give lots of thought to this topic.