Interesting plastic-bodied Rigoletto (German-made) 20b Anglo on eBay; distinct from more commong Bastari/Stagi PL-42

32 minutes ago, alex_holden said:

Perhaps it is wood with a celluloid covering (as used on many accordions)

It might even be painted/celluloid covered aluminium. I seem to remember seeing a similar but different concertina on eBay a while back that had green aluminium ends, and the exposed material around the sound holes does look a little metallic...

47 minutes ago, Squeezebox Of Delights said:

It might even be painted/celluloid covered aluminium. I seem to remember seeing a similar but different concertina on eBay a while back that had green aluminium ends, and the exposed material around the sound holes does look a little metallic...

I believe the metal around the soundhole is a "grommet" and not part of the same substance as the end itself. But my gut reaction on the ends was that it looks like a casting rather than a coating. Again compare the PL-42 vs a celluloid-covered wood end, and you can note the difference there.

1 hour ago, TapTheForwardAssist said:

I believe the metal around the soundhole is a "grommet" and not part of the same substance as the end itself. 

Just to say, I wasn't talking about the grommeted holes, I was referencing the holes underneath the handle. It just looks rather like bare metal on the inside edges of the holes, and on the insides of the button holes too

4 hours ago, Squeezebox Of Delights said:

Just to say, I wasn't talking about the grommeted holes, I was referencing the holes underneath the handle. It just looks rather like bare metal on the inside edges of the holes, and on the insides of the button holes too

Ah, my mistake. Valid point, and now I am curious too.

Wasn't there some Czech concertina with metal ends that was posted on this sub in the past?